User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: need help , Printer for $500ish and some questions?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help , Printer for $500ish and some questions?

Hi all, I need some help choosing a new printer. I currently have a canon mg5250 all in one and the photos are just crap, dribble marks over it, missed lines etc So I thought Id go something more for photos. I like the canon Pro 100, 8 tank ,A3+ , 3picoltr but the cheapest I can find it is $800 and struggling to find someone who sells it in store and I read ink tanks are expensive. The one Im considering is the Epson Artison 1430 A3+ 2picoltr for $400 but its only 6 tank. Can anyone recommend a printer for $5-600 that's great for photos? Is it worth jumping up too the $800 mark? Will be printing for friends, family and Gallery. Anything sellable I was thinking to get done at a pro place.
    Also what should I look for in a printer? DPI , Picolitre ink usage, tanks numbers??
    Cheers
    Glenn
    Cheers Glenn
    NIKON D610
    FUJIFILM X-T20

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up getting the Epson and for $340 +$20 deliver. No one in the whole of geelong sell these printers and had to go on line to get it. Also Not sure why canan have to charge us Aussies $800 compared to the US $500 >:-( for the pro 100! I know our pay rates are higher but not enough to justify $300 more for one machine!!! I'm happy to pay 100-150 dollars more but can't justify $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just saw this thread, good to hear you found what you were looking for. Printers are not something I have really looked at much for a few years now. I have 2 Epsons and they are lasting nicely and produce great results, even if they are a few years old now.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I've got is the Epson R290 which is about 5 years old I think and is only 6 cartridges but does a great job and others have thought the end results were good and only cost me about $149.00. I think you will be more the happy with the Epson. I don't think 2 less cartridges will matter. I would like to get another printer but with the cost that you can get images printed for over the net, not sure if it's worth it so am still thinking about it. Can you get the bulk tanks and ins for that model?
    Nikon, D750, D5000, 35mm f/1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm kit lens,
    Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, Sigma 120-400mm, Sigma 150-600S, SB-910, Metz mecablitz 58 AF-2
    Manfrotto 680B Mono + 234RC tilt, 055XPROB + 804RC2.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROA44 View Post
    All I've got is the Epson R290 which is about 5 years old I think and is only 6 cartridges but does a great job and others have thought the end results were good and only cost me about $149.00. I think you will be more the happy with the Epson. I don't think 2 less cartridges will matter. I would like to get another printer but with the cost that you can get images printed for over the net, not sure if it's worth it so am still thinking about it. Can you get the bulk tanks and ins for that model?
    In regarding tanks/ink cartridges I found a place in Melbourne on line who sells genuine cartridges for $19 each or $109 bulk for six. And you can get some kind of system that the ink sits on the outside and are refillable and hold 100ml each colour and much cheaper! It's a aftermarket type thing though so not sure how safe it is for the head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note all the warnings from Epson about non-genuine inks!!! The only thing I've found "wrong" with the several Epsons I've had is the need to
    clean the heads fairly often and so use up ink. The up-side is that the heads are (or used to be, and I can't imagine they've changed) in the cartridges themselves.

The "Artisan" must be up there with the "Photo" specification of Epsons. You're paying for the A3 size. Congs on your purchase.
    Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.