Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice needed

Hello everyone

I have not been as frequent a poster on the forum as i would have liked due to illness and an old injury that has become a problem, i have a damaged bone in my neck and although i am quite well and can still use my Camera i have been told i must stop the use of very heavy lenses altogether, to that end i have recently sold my beloved 200-400 afs vr lens that has given me so much enjoyment over the years and have also sold my D3s as i have the D800e and find i am no longer using the D3s

My questions are

I need a reasonable telephoto lens and am thinking of the new 80-400 afs vr lens i have read reviews and watched utube vids and think it is a good option, does anyone disagree or offer an alternative,

Also i would like to purchase a smaller DSLR for my wife, and was leaning towards a D7100, she has used a friends D600 and di not like the focussing for some reason but i again have read a lot about it and would like some of your opinions if you have the time

I have done a few searches here and people seem happy with both items i mentioned above so i am probably being a bit of a procrastinator but welcome advice

Cheers
    Last edited by Norman; 05-04-2014 at 12:54pm.
    Norman

Nikon D800E x 2 Nikon D500 14-24 2.8 24-70 80-400 afs vr 200-500 afs vr 16mm 2.8 1.4 &1.7 converters Tamron 90mm SB800 SB900 Flash Adobe Lightroom CC
    My FLICKR http://www.flickr.com/photos/open_shutter_media/