Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any point in adding Lightroom?

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm like you Tannin. I got it with CS6 Cloud.

I'm sneaking up on it, it has some useful 'quick fix' tools, but I haven't really got my head around it.

Bottom line, I feel it will be a very useful adjunct to CS6.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who wants to use their own cataloguing system should stay clear of LR IMHO. Don't think of LR as an editing/PP tool, think of it as a cataloguing tool that includes an editor.
    Use your own catalogue plus PS (or elements for example if you never need layers) or use LR plus whatever plug in/add on/PS. You have to take the plunge and use LR from the starting point of down loading your images from a card. Then it becomes easy. I insert the card, it puts the files in a dated folder in the route directory of my pictures until I shift them elsewhere after editing. I do all my shifting, editing, naming, editing in other programs, through LR so it always knows where stuff is. Should I ever want to do something in a program without going via LR that's fine, my images are kept in a file structure that works for my brain. I find the image, play, and the next time I'm in LR I tell it to sync the folder with the image I played with, hey presto, up it pops. I could even dump another bunch of images into a folder and then tell LR to sync. But I rarely do this, the doorway to my photos is via LR as it is my CATALOGUE first and my editor second. An important mental distinction. I just happen to do 80% of my PP on it.
    My Flickr Site
    Instagram _alex_ham_

Gear - Canon 5D mkIII, 16-35 f2.8L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L IS, nifty 50, 75-300 f4-5.6. Sigma SD Quattro H, Sigma 35 mm Art, Sigma 85 mm Art, Canon G1X MkII, Panasonic Lumix DMC LX3, iPhone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12