Dear All,

As many of the D7000 owners may know, there is a known problem with these bodies back-focussing. Recently, I am finding more and more that the focusing is intermittently off. I always put this down to operator error (or Operator Erin, as my husband likes to call it), but now I am not so sure, especially after doing my research. I have not fine-tuned my lenses, mostly for fear of mucking it up and ruining the focus on my lenses. Is this an example of this back-focussing problem or is this indeed operator Erin? If this is the known back-focusing problem, how can I fix it and not stuff up my lenses in the process? If this isn't, is the problem that there is a sliver of background visible within the focusing square, which has tricked the contrast detecting part of the auto-focus into thinking that the background is the correct place to focus? Or, could it be a mixture of the two??

As you can see in this shot, the subject is not in sharp-focus and the background balloons are in focus, despite the focus point primarily being over the eye.

Thanks in advance,
Erin.