Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Had a DSLR time for a new camera - non dslr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a DSLR time for a new camera - non dslr

Hi Guys,

I have owned a 550d for 4 years now and I am looking at moving on.

I'm finally heading over to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos in November for 4 weeks so want to find a camera that is similar to DSLR quality same type of features but more compact for traveling, I also want to use this camera once I get back the same way as I used a DSLR such as landscapes, sunsets, sunrises, street, night photography, HDR but want to go down the more compact avenue but I want it to become my main camera.

As I can see there is alot of good quality compacts out now and I'm just starting researching them hoping someone can help with some of the cameras I should look at, I guess the big thing is price well small compact body couple of lens hopefully looking at something under 2k but if you know any over that the quality is excellent let me know.

Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    check this forum out, one of these, sounds just like what you seek : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...n-DSLR-cameras
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only mirrorless system I've had experience with is the Sony NEX-5N, but it really is exceptional. It's not quite 'fit-in-your-pocket' compact (unless you have large pockets - I can fit it in my winter jacket pockets), but it's a lot smaller than a DSLR. I bought it for my wife just before we traveled to Europe last year and she loves it too.
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think these day they are all pretty good as are all DSLRs it really comes down to size and ergonomics and menus you can understand and of course lenses ( size and range). m4/3 has probably the smallest lenses as the sensor size is smaller than apsc but no less quality in the real world . Go to your local camera shop and have a feel for each and see what works for you.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends what physical size you want but I bought a lumix fz2oo.
    Last edited by ricktas; 27-03-2014 at 9:11pm.