Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Replying to multiple quotes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replying to multiple quotes

Hi hi,

How do you reply to multiple quotes on a thread? For example i want to quote what "person 1" writes with my new comment underneath, as well as quote what "person 2" writes follwed by my comment back to them?

I just replied with quote to one, and went to reply with quote to the next one and it "updated" my first comment followed by my new comment but repeated everythnig else twice :-(

Help please :-)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You tick those two upside down comma's on the right of Reply with quote the Multi quote this message will come up.
    You must tick all of the replies there first for it to work, then click *Reply with quote* and reply to each between the quotes.
    Last edited by Mary Anne; 20-03-2014 at 11:34pm.
    My 52/2011 Challenge

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaz27b View Post
    Hi hi,

How do you reply to multiple quotes on a thread? For example i want to quote what "person 1" writes with my new comment underneath, as well as quote what "person 2" writes follwed by my comment back to them?

I just replied with quote to one, and went to reply with quote to the next one and it "updated" my first comment followed by my new comment but repeated everythnig else twice :-(

Help please :-)
    In terms of the “duplicate posts” appearing, I sometimes have the same experience, mainly when multiple quoting. (win 7 Pro will all updates applied).

When this is going to happen, an “Information Box” usually displays warning me about whether or not I want to navigate away from the current page. Regardless of which of the 2 options I take, I end up with a duplicate post.

If I bring up Windows Task manager and terminate the Internet Explorer Process, I find that only 1 occurrence of my reply will appear.

Under “Internet Options” I have added the Forum to the Compatibility View settings and this may had reduced the frequency of duplicate posts, although they still do occur every now and then.

Cheers

Dennis

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the updated message happens when the same member posts twice in a row in a thread. The site software detects that two (or more) posts in succession are from the same member and it combines them into one post automatically. It places the updated message there to let everyone know that two or more posts have been merged.

re duplicated posts. If you get that navigating away message, say no, copy your text, refresh the page (hit f5) and see if your post appears after refresh. If it does, all good, if it doesn't, just paste what you copied earlier back in and submit again.
    Last edited by ricktas; 21-03-2014 at 6:48am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Rick

The duplicate post anomaly just occurred again. This is the message panel that appears and taking either option results in a duplicate post on my Win 7 Pro 64 Bit system IE 11.0.4.

Don’t lose any sleep over it. Its no drama to edit the post when this randomly occurs – I would classify it as a “1st World Problem” – not a real issue!

Cheers

Dennis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis, happens to me quite a bit for some reason. I just hit stay on page then refresh the page. Mostly my post appears then.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Dennis, happens to me quite a bit for some reason. I just hit stay on page then refresh the page. Mostly my post appears then.
    Thanks Mark – I’ll give that option another go rather than using Task Manager to terminate the IE process.

Cheers

Dennis