Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: TRavelling to Europe for 9 weeks and I want to travel light

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRavelling to Europe for 9 weeks and I want to travel light

Hi
    I am travelling to Europe for 9 weeks and want to tralevl light as possible. I am taking my Pentax dslr with 18-55 and 70-300 zooms.
    I am in a quandrey I have a Lowpro bag that carries the body with one lens attached and the other lens together with spare batteries, Cards, Filters and batteries and when travelling i usually put this indie my carry on bag.
    When I get to the destination if doing any travelling (usually not much) I end up with two shoulder bags (given I carry the camera bag separately) and my case.

I really only want to carry one "shoulder strap" bag given we will ber travelling around a bit in Europe. So the options (so far) I have come up with are to just take the camera bag as carry on luggage and take any books etc by hand or carry my camera gear (suitably protected of course) in the bag I use as my carry on which gives me more room for books etc. The problem I see with this is when I am at the destination and wandering about with my camera I won't have anything to carry my camera gear in. So I guess I am stuck with just taking my camera bag and managing any other carry on items as best I can.

Any ideas out there will be most gratefully accepted
    Cheers
    Last edited by maishy; 13-03-2014 at 7:39pm.
    Pentax K-3 DSLR 18-55 Pentax zoom Sigma 18 -220 zoom, Pentax DA F1.8 50mm prime and Sigma 70 -300 zoom

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say a hybrid solution seems the perfect choice for you. Something like a Kata DR-467 perhaps? Photographic gear in the bottom, books, jacket or sweater in the top compartment. Or a sling-bag like the 3N1-25?
    Last edited by jev; 13-03-2014 at 8:02pm.
    Ciao, Joost

All feedback is highly appreciated!

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that I just checked the web site and will check them out as soon as I can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home bag which I've taken OS a few times. Plenty of room for a D700, three lenses, odds & ends, jumper and a guidebook. Website is http://www.crumpler.com/au/ Mine is a few years old now and appears to be a little differently designed to the current model. Its a single over the shoulder style bag, so it can get heavy by the end of the day ith all the camera gear - but sometimes you have to suffer for your hobby
    Last edited by dunnart; 28-03-2014 at 11:24pm.
    cheers

Steve

Don't take life too seriously - its only temporary