Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  13

Thread: Where is the exit button ?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the exit button ?

Just wondering how to delete ones membership ?
    I cant find the exit button ...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Account closed.

All cause we asked you privately to start GIVING some CC to others. You have been a prolific poster of images, expecting others to CC your work, but you refused, after several PM's to actually give any to other members photos.

If everyone acted this way, no one would get any CC.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our most recent interaction. His reply was one word.

Quote Originally Posted by old4570
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas
    It would be really good if you took our previous advice on board. In the last few days you have created several threads of your own photos expecting to get Constructive Critique from others. During that same time you have posted 2 comments on others photos "Hmmm , Very interesting , I like both photo's" and "Yes , that is a Sharp picture , and the lighting is spot on".

We do understand that you have a bad back, but that seems to not stop you taking your own photos and spending the time on the computer, editing them and uploading them for CC, then replying to those who give you that CC. Instead of uploading several threads of your own photos for CC, how about halving the number of threads you create and spend some of the time, giving good CC to others?

We would really appreciate it, if you started to give some decent CC to others, more frequently. You obviously have good macro skills, but to date you really have not given any advice to others that would help them improve their own work, rather, you seem more interested in getting CC from others.

Ausphotography is about both getting and giving advice to others. It is nice to get some of the CC that members are giving you, but how about returning the favour to them. Giving them some CC back.

In the end, it will be your loss, cause members are already saying to us that they will no longer comment on your threads cause it seems to be "all about you, and bugger everyone else".

I hope you take this on board

Rick and the AP Team
    hmmmmm ....

Other side of the hill ... WhoDo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if his back was anywhere near as bad as mine?
    Waz
    Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss...
    D700 | D7000 | Nikkor AF-S 18-55 DX 1:3.5-5.6G | Nikkor AF-S 55-300 DX 1:4.5-5.6 G ED | Nikkor AF 50 f/1.8D | Optex OPM2930 tripod/monopod | Enthusiasm ...
    My Flickr images ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what makes this site better than any free for all site. Help where you can but also receive help from others. cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian. Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Rick and team.... It would be hard to monitor how many members use this site as just a photo upload site, and have other members say how good you are. Without giving any CC to other members images.
    I'm sure there are a few that do it. Like some that enter the comps, but rarely give CC, or contribute to the forum as a whole.

Trouble is, those that do don't read this section of the forum. And will never get the hint. Then again, that's what the reporting button is for on every post...
    Geoff..
    Geoff
    Honesty is best policy.
    CC is always welcome
    Nikon D3000 ... Nikon D90... Nikon D700 Various lenses, Home studio equipment and all the associated stuff
    Flickr

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This was the result after several PM's Geoff. We had asked him nicely several times to start giving CC to others. If we notice someone not giving back to other members, we will PM them. Mostly they apologise and start doing so. Occasionally someone just stops posting and goes inactive, which we do not miss cause they were not really contributing anyway, other than to boost their own ego from the CC they were getting.

I think this is the first time someone has posted to the forums as a result of us requesting they give CC to others.

Sometimes we shake our heads though and laugh . Recently we sent a similar PM to another member who had posted quite a few threads for CC, but not a single comment/critique on anyone else's threads. The reply we got was that he could not do so as his monitor was broken. Made us wonder how he managed to post his own content.