Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon D600 News

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikon D600 News

Not sure if this is news to all you Nikon users that have the D600, but.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/02...mpaign=generic
    They call me "Blue" it's a red head thing.
    "My Flickr Site"
    Canon Bodies - 1DMk2N + 50D - Lenses - 17-35mm F2.8 L - 24-70mm F2.8 L - 70-200mm F2.8 L - 300mm F4 IS L - Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 - Sigma 10-20mm - DJI Mavic Pro Platinum
    " I Never get tired of looking at our diverse country, even if its through the lens of someone else".
    CC is always appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spotted the service notice on the Nikon site the other day. It might have been nicer to get an email from them (since they have all my info from the D600 rego), but still good that they're offering something.

Has anyone put their camera in? I plan on doing so since I'm still getting splatter after 20,000+ shots but was wondering how long the repair takes.
    -- Mister Q

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see. I've had dust issues with my D610 for the few months I've had it. Ive cleaned it for the last time , if I see dust again before the months out it's going back to nikon to be checked ):-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers Glenn
    NIKON D610
    FUJIFILM X-T20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my question will Nikon Australia do the same .
    Nikon D600 tamron 24-70 2.8 50 1.4 K5 Da70 Da 40

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgtail View Post
    my question will Nikon Australia do the same .
    It looks like it if the service advisory that was updated 10 days ago is correct.

Other than that you can ring them ----

Australia:
    Phone: 1300 366 899
    Operating Hours: Monday to Friday (10am to 7pm, GMT+10),
    Saturday (10am - 2pm, GMT+10), *Closed on Public Holidays

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glennb View Post
    Good to see. I've had dust issues with my D610 for the few months I've had it. Ive cleaned it for the last time , if I see dust again before the months out it's going back to nikon to be checked ):-(
    The issue with the D600 was not completely related to "dust" attaching itself to the lpf, more so with excessive lubricant and or minute shards of "foreign bodies" leaping from the shutter blade area.

The D610 doesn't, as far as I am aware suffer from any of the symptoms that the D600 did.
    As far as your thoughts that you have "cleaned it for the last time" go I have news for you and I reckon it is all bad. The FX cameras seem to be more proficient at attracting dust particles and stubbornly hanging on to them. That reminds me, I had better go and drag the D700 out cos it looks like someone sneezed in there again.
    Cleaning the sensor is simply a way of life with digital cameras, some more so than others. Glenn, I hope you never by a 4x4, take it up a dirt road and complain that you had to wash it afterwards.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    It looks like it if the service advisory that was updated 10 days ago is correct.

Other than that you can ring them ----

Australia:
    Phone: 1300 366 899
    Operating Hours: Monday to Friday (10am to 7pm, GMT+10),
    Saturday (10am - 2pm, GMT+10), *Closed on Public Holidays

- - - Updated - - -

The issue with the D600 was not completely related to "dust" attaching itself to the lpf, more so with excessive lubricant and or minute shards of "foreign bodies" leaping from the shutter blade area.

The D610 doesn't, as far as I am aware suffer from any of the symptoms that the D600 did.
    As far as your thoughts that you have "cleaned it for the last time" go I have news for you and I reckon it is all bad. The FX cameras seem to be more proficient at attracting dust particles and stubbornly hanging on to them. That reminds me, I had better go and drag the D700 out cos it looks like someone sneezed in there again.
    Cleaning the sensor is simply a way of life with digital cameras, some more so than others. Glenn, I hope you never by a 4x4, take it up a dirt road and complain that you had to wash it afterwards.
    Hi Andrew, I don't think I do have the same issue as the D600 but I have had too clean it 4 times (ALL WITH IN 4 WEEK PERIOD) within 2 months of having it, Don't you think that's a bit excessive? I spent $80 getting it cleaned professionally the first time and literally after the next time using it I found a crap load of dust spots on the sensor again, the lens was changed only once at home and carefully done. So I decided to get a cleaning kit so I could do it myself as I cant afford to have a pro cleaned once a month/week and have no camera for 5 to 7days.It has been good since my above post but I have not done much macro and/or checked properly. I did say "I have cleaned it for the last time (and) , if I see dust again before the months out" ..... meaning I wanted to get a month of using it without having to clean it again!! :-( Ive had a d5100 with no dust issues at all for 2.5 years and have not had to clean it once. In regards to buying a 4wd Ive had 2 "real 4wds" I bought them expected to get dirty when I drive through a bog hole and knowing I may destroy the bearings in the aircon and/or get mud in the timing belt and have it seize up half way home and yes also having too clean it. BUT I didn't buy a FF camera expecting to clean the sensor nearly after every time of using it. A couple of times a year and/or changing lenses in a dusty area thought would of been normal? But as I said earlier it has been good since the above post and I will check it properly after the weekend.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glenn, dust on the lpf is related to many things. Changing lenses is merely a small part of it and certainly shouldn't be considered the primary cause of all problems unless you are changing said lenses in a howling gale in the middle of a wheat field.

How many photos have you taken in that 8 week period?
    Did you use any lenses that were previously used on another body?
    At what apertures are the dust spots showing up at when viewed at about 50%?

Zoom lenses can act as "dust pumps", especially the "unsealed" versions and also lenses that have been swapped from body to body can retain dust particles.
    When you change lenses, the shutter is ( should be closed ) and that is a natural light proof barrier against dust. However, the shutter moving in its travel and more so, the mirror flapping up and down each exposure start a "fan" action to push dust around inside a camera.

As noted previously, the dust is microscopic, it seems to be attracted to FX cameras more than DX versions. Cleaning the lpf is a part of normal life.

If you are that worried, ring Nikon and they will have it checked by their workshop ( agent / Camera Clinic ) in Melbourne.

Ok, a dirt road and a 4x4 don't mix, drive it down the main street for a week and then run a chamois over it and see how much crap comes of the paintwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything comes of this Chinese saga ... hopefully Nikon will realize that treating any issue with their usual contemptuous attitude WILL result in a backlash.
    If Nikon don't change their attitude towards any product issues in future, it will hurt them more than just the cost of fixing said issue.

Like Andrew said tho .. dust is just a part of digital photography life. All digital cameras are susceptible to dust spots in the right circumstances and conditions(except for environmentally sealed types I'd guess).
    Some will be more immune to the issue than others will be.

If you can get your D600 to Nikon, hopefully the issue will be better resolved in that dust will be less of an issue in the future, but don't think that it will be banished forever!

Now .. why aren't Sony and Fuji's light leaking issues as prevalent on the net.(I bet not many have even heard of these problems yet!)
    ans. because those two companies are actively fixing the issues well before they snowball into a monumental headache
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you get a daily update from PP you will have .

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had my D600 for about 12 months.

As far as 'dust' on the sensor is concerned, it comes and goes as I live in a dusty rural environment. Today's dust smelled of turkey poop as someone close by was ploughing it in. I have my D600 set to remove dust on start-up and shutdown.

However I had a couple of spots, which in my opinion, were definitely were not dust, as you could see a distinct coloured halo around them. They were only visible from about f15 and smaller when shooting against lightish backgrounds.

I did a wet clean and they have gone. Be interested to see if any more appear. My camera has been on 'holidays' for most of the last six months and only has about 3K actuation's. From what I've read the problem seems to settle down at around 5k actuation's. Fingers crossed.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    From what I've read the problem seems to settle down at around 5k actuation's. Fingers crossed.
    My D600 has a bit over 20,000 and still has new spots appearing. It will be going back to Nikon as soon as I can do without it for a couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Nikon in the US are now replacing D600's with repeated problems: http://www.nikon.com/news/2014/0328_01.htm
    Olympus OM-D EM-1, 12-40mm f2.8, 45mm f1.8, Panny 25mm f1.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dropped my D600 in with Nikon yesterday for this service. I've been told it will take about three weeks, which is a bit longer than I was expecting/hoping. I guess they're getting a bit of a queue of D600s. :P

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had another oil spot appear since my wet clean about four weeks ago.

If it keeps happening I guess it's off to Nikon too.

Cheers

Kevin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ View Post
    I dropped my D600 in with Nikon yesterday for this service. I've been told it will take about three weeks, which is a bit longer than I was expecting/hoping. I guess they're getting a bit of a queue of D600s. :P
    Yeah this is exactly why I've held off dropping mine in. I'll let the backlog clear and then drop mine in I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine went in on the 23/3/14 called today to see what the hold up is Nikon Australia have had a 2 week delay on parts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wedgtail View Post
    Mine went in on the 23/3/14 called today to see what the hold up is Nikon Australia have had a 2 week delay on parts
    They hadn't mentioned that when I called, but it would explain why I still haven't got mine back after three+ weeks (and counting ...). If they had mentioned that early on I would have taken the camera back and left the service until later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok - finally got my D600 back from Nikon today. They had it just over three weeks, although there were a bunch of public holidays in the middle. The shutter has been replaced. Hopefully that will be the end of the problem but I guess it will take another 1000 shots or so to see for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine came back yester day no to see if it develops the same problem with the new shutter might try some interval timing series to see if the censor stays clean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast