Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: Photographer threatens model

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photographer threatens model

I don't know much about the modelling industry but this seems like a really easy way to make sure no model will work with you again.

http://www.news.com.au/national/phot...-1226840774083

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One would suspect, at the least, that his business opportunities might dry up now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like someone has been doing work for 'free'. Time for prints etc, and is not happy now that some of the models he has worked with are doing well.

All he has achieved is alienating himself and using alcohol as an excuse is pathetic.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very weak excuse there. I'm surprised there haven't been any civil suits filed against him already. Needless to say, he's going to be doing a lot of child birthday photoshoots for a while.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where else would this one head --- All the normal ingredients. Possibly a "model" and a "photographer" with over inflated senses of self worth, a few trendy names thrown in, facebook and then delivered to you by news.com ensure that it will be an ongoing, name calling catfight.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion is a change of career. I wouldn't be happy with him doing my kids birthday.

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is just beyond EXTRAORDINARY ! Mongo would not even know where to begin saying what he thinks of this ! - so, he won't
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    knowing how small darwin is, i see small town politics meeting the internet age. ouch.
    Togs are what my son wears to go swimming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes on my facebook, I ate a lot of popcorn whilst reading/watching the rant building up to the implosion

Yet in the aftermath, there were models and ppl writing on his wall to defend him.

That glamour/bikini modeling industry sure is a strange one

- - - Updated - - -

Hes on my facebook, I ate a lot of popcorn whilst reading/watching the rant building up to the implosion

Yet in the aftermath, there were models and ppl writing on his wall to defend him.

That glamour/bikini modeling industry sure is a strange one
    Commercial/Editorial/Wedding work - www.jackietranphoto.com
    Travel Photography - www.wanderingasianguy.com

Broncolor lights up my world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I & M is on the money. Facebook is like giving a bunch of pre-schoolers a handful of grenades. When the damage is done you appoint a pack of journalists as judge and jury. Storm in a teacup.
    In the NT both photographer and model will be regularly sought after. There is little professionalism either side of this promotion but no doubt it will work.
    Photojournalist | Filmmaker | Writer | National Geographic | Royal Geographic

D3x and other gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making a living as a photographer is hard enough without being a psychopath. Reminds me of the recent case of a friend's child who was left crying and with bruise marks to his arm by a school photographer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like this so called 'photographer ' has got massive tickets on himself.....what an ego......loser I say
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoopi View Post
    Sounds like this so called 'photographer ' has got massive tickets on himself.....what an ego......loser I say
    I'd say he's a total f**kwit.
    Using Tapatalk

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the impression he's probably a Pentax user hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Photographer is actually one of the most talented Glamour Togs in the country who made a serious error in judgement. (Well two, he shouldn't have shot with the Diva in the 1st place)
    He's recently moved from Darwin due to non related health issues, and the "model" in this case has now had her 30 seconds of fame and drifted quietly back to well deserved obscurity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The model in this case was professional in her role as Ambassador throughout the Darwin Cup carnival last year. It's a little stereotypical to write the model of as a flake. We see alcohol used as an excuse for poor behaviour day in and day out at the local courts and it's just not good enough.

I am familiar with Marks work and appreciate his skill in his chosen field. Perhaps the relocation will give him the opportunity on refining his personal skills, just a shame he had to confirm the interstate opinion that NT residents are a bunch of yobbo cowboys before he went. Thanks Mark!
    Jodie

Gear - Canon EOS 7D, EOS 6D, 24-105 F4, 70-200 F2.8L IS, Canon EF 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, nifty fifty, EF2xII, 580EX, 430EXII, EFx2 III and a long wishlist