User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Photo of the Week 2014 : Themes

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Photo of the Week 2014 : Themes

Some of you may have worked it out by now, but if you haven't here is some information on how the Photo of the Week themes are being selected this year.

We are running the competitions on a four week cycle that repeats for the entire year

Week One : Theme based on Photographic Genre, using your experience levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
    Week Two : Open (no theme) using your experience levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
    Week Three: Theme based on Photographic Genre, using your experience levels (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
    Week Four: Open (no theme) without experience levels.

and repeat

The Genre theme chosen for the competitions follow on from a Members Challenge theme from a few weeks prior to the competition opening. Not all member challenge themes will become competition themes.

We also have a few Photo of the Week themes planned that do not follow the above, just to keep you on your toes.

So there you have it! Though we have not given you specific competition themes for each week, we have divulged the general process as anyone who had taken the time to review the competition themes to date would have been able to deduce this.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Rick. I haven't entered an Open without experience level before - gotta try sooner or later though
    Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information Rick. Impossible to compete with the talent on this forum but I'll definitely try entering