User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 with canon 60, focusing problem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 with canon 60, focusing problem!

Hi All

I'm using a canon 60D with a wide angle Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 and seem to have a few problems when focusing. It can't seem to focus on a point in the photo. The lens just seems to give up because it can't focus, has anyone else had this problem with the Tokina lens?

Thanks Guys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have absolutely no expertise in this area, but I was advised by a chap who imports gear that with these "after-market" lenses, there is characteristically a +/-3% tolerance (in focusing?) and he advised if I was buying one, to check on my camera first. Maybe this is the cause?

Ian
    Sony DSCR1 bridge camera; Sony Alpha SLT A57; Sony Zeiss 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 lens; Sigma 10-20mm UWA lens; converted Nikon 50mm f2.0 lens; Filters: ND4,ND8,ND1000, CP; Photoshop CS6. 82.7% of statistics are made up!

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Tokina 11-16 on my Nikon D90 and have never had a single issue. Most of the time I manual focus anyway (for landscapes), but I do autofocus from time to time.
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just throwing it out there: Aftermarket lens compatibility can be a grey area. Take Sony for example, there was a certain line of Sigma lenses which were hopeless with AF functions on Sony Alpha bodies. It took a firmware update to fix it and it was all fine and dandy after that. Have you googled whether or not other people have the same issue as you?

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It seems to be a reasonable lens that you shouldn't have a problem with a 60D.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhtee View Post
    .... Have you googled whether or not other people have the same issue as you?
    Try that.
    Of cause there's the occasional dud, so maybe you just need to return it and get another one.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try changing your AF from auto to centre point, a friend of mine had the same problem as you with this lens on a 7D, this is what Tokina advised and this solved the problem for him.
    Glenn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gday Ragsy , ive been using the tokina 11-16 for a while on timelapses and some landscape photo's and haven't noticed any problems ! im fairly new to photography but I think it's a great lens !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure the lens isn't in manual mode, make sure the focus ring collar is pushed forward to auto mode.
    D810, D7100 & D3200, Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 VC, Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 VC, Nikkor 45mm PC-E 2.8, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 II, Tokina 100m 2.8 macro & Tokina 300mm 2.8 Pro