User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8

Thread: Bit the proverbial bullet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit the proverbial bullet

Well I have bitten the proverbial bullet.

I signed up for a course & yes it has cost a few dollars, whether wisely or not who knows but for me it may help me getting to start using more of my camera. I've never been a great one for study and yes I will probably be the one asking all the dumb questions in the wrong place at the wrong times but hey someone has to.

The course I've chosen does have accreditation with it and has been established for a number of years. So if I did choose to do more later it's not wasted in that aspect and at worst it can only help. I have read other posts concerning paid courses, youtube and the like and pondered the idea for a while and the decision didn't come without apprehension and I will probably continue to wonder, however come what may I'm in so we'll see what happens, but I am going in with the intention of enjoying and trying to absorb something.

So if anyone else is stuck about deciding don't ask me to give you advice because your the one who has to make the decision all I will be able to offer is whether I felt it will be or was worth it from my perspective.
    Nikon, D750, D5000, 35mm f/1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm kit lens,
    Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, Sigma 120-400mm, Sigma 150-600S, SB-910, Metz mecablitz 58 AF-2
    Manfrotto 680B Mono + 234RC tilt, 055XPROB + 804RC2.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good luck with your course. Sounds like you have done the wise thing, researched, found an accredited one, etc, rather than clicking the first ad you saw on failbook and signing up.

Enjoy the journey.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good onya and I hope you learn heaps . have fun
    Wayne

Canon 7D and stuff
    Olympus OMD - EM10

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34371137@N03/

Member formerly known as : Lplates Glenda's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you enjoy it and get heaps out of it and remember there is no such thing as a stupid question - better to ask than die wondering.
    Glenda

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROA44 View Post
    Well I have bitten the proverbial bullet.

<snip>

The course I've chosen does have accreditation with it and has been established for a number of years.
    Well done, paid photographic education has assisted me a lot, but so have the photographic forums!

Can I be nosey and enquire about whom you went with, there's so many places offering photographic education and they all have their selling points. When you mention accreditation, do you mean TAFE equivalent certificate levels? i.e. Cert. IV, Diploma, etc...

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Playswithlight, the one I went through is "THE CENTRE FOR CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY" and have been established since 1997 and run by Gavin Blake, who was a TAFE lecturer and has been lecturing for over 30 years and are located on Richmond Rd. just west of South Rd. and do have a web site

The courses are all full certificate courses up to Cert. lV & Diploma and also have 1 day workshops & exhibitions regularly by recognized photographers. The course I'm doing is an intro. course but will cover in more depth stuff I know and still don't know.

Thank you for asking, have a great day.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROA44 View Post
    Hi Playswithlight, the one I went through is "THE CENTRE FOR CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY" and have been established since 1997 and run by Gavin Blake, who was a TAFE lecturer and has been lecturing for over 30 years and are located on Richmond Rd. just west of South Rd. and do have a web site

The courses are all full certificate courses up to Cert. lV & Diploma and also have 1 day workshops & exhibitions regularly by recognized photographers. The course I'm doing is an intro. course but will cover in more depth stuff I know and still don't know.

Thank you for asking, have a great day.
    You should do well, they have a good name.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happened more by default than design as my wife signed me up for a one day course and I'd never heard of them but I think some one from her work who does weddings (no I'm not going there) put her on to them.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now it's done,enjoy learning.
    Maybe the New to Photography forum could be a place to post any "light bulb" moments, where you suddenly learn something that's really helpful?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a great idea Mark, Now where did I put the switch?