User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Forum with iPad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum with iPad

Not sure if this is the right spot for this topic so please move it if it's not.
    I'm using my iPad to access the forum and have downloaded the tapatalk app. I find it hard to use because i tend to lose my way more than when on a browser. But then when I return to the iPad browser - the login process is difficult because of the app prompts!! Very frustrating, don't like to whinge but I wanted to know what others do?

One day I'll work out what to put here....

Formerly : Apollo62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My general approach with using Tapatalk on my iPad is to leave myself logged in and close the app. I find that it's easier to just punch it up and go straight in to the forums than having to log in each time. The only problem (which I don't have) is that it allows anybody else who uses the iPad access to the forums under your name so you would have to be careful if you use this approach. As for using the app itself, like anything, you get used to it and it becomes second nature after a while.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tapatalk was installed to the site ages ago as it was one of the first forum reader Apps available, and as members paid for the App software, we have maintained it. However there is another App called ForumRunner which is made by the vbulletin people (the people that make the software that the entire site runs on), so download the free version of ForumRunner and see if that works better for you.

I tend to use the desktop site on my tablet (non Apple), and find that is better than either of the App based solutions, for my needs.

I have also found some tablet browsers are better than others. I use Dolphin Browser cause it allows you to create a heap of icons for your most visited sites and you just tap the icon to get straight to AP. It takes a bit of time to understand how Dolphin works, but once setup it is a breeze to use. Only downside is that Dolphin doesn't use flash, so many videos will not play when using it. So it may be that you need to investigate your tablet browser some more as an easy access solution might be built into it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Apollo62. Thankfully I don't have to share my iPad either!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Rick I'll download forum runner and give it a go. Can't say I've been at all impressed with tapatalk. So much so I think I'll stick up a review for them. I'll change browser if I need to in the long run. Appreciate the advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use tapatalk on iPhone and don't log it out. Then it just goes straight in.