Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to open .CR2 RAW files in Photoshop Elements 6

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can open into Photoshop directly from DPP with the command Alt + P from memory, or it is in the menus somewhere. This will open the photo in Photoshop as a tiff, which I then save as a psd file. You can do the basic adjustments in DPP which you would do in ACR, and then open in Photoshop to continue on. I found to bring the Canon Picture style in, (I have a custom picture file set in my camera), this is what I had to do. Opening via ACR wipes out the picture styles in my version. Maybe it doesn't in later versions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farmmax View Post
    You can open into Photoshop directly from DPP with the command Alt + P from memory, or it is in the menus somewhere. This will open the photo in Photoshop as a tiff, which I then save as a psd file. You can do the basic adjustments in DPP which you would do in ACR, and then open in Photoshop to continue on. I found to bring the Canon Picture style in, (I have a custom picture file set in my camera), this is what I had to do. Opening via ACR wipes out the picture styles in my version. Maybe it doesn't in later versions.
    Thank you farmmax for that piece of info. I shall give it a try a little later today.

And sorry admin for stepping over the line. I hadn't read the rules, and as such request that you remove the post immediately. Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12