Hi All,

I've got a family holiday coming up in March/April. The Wife, 2 kids (1.5 and 3.5 years), and I will be going to HK and Japan. We will be flying out to HK first for a week and then flying to Japan (3 weeks) hoping to get some Cherry Blossom action during our stay, and then back to HK for another week before flying back home.

I have a bit of a conundrum, I don't know which lens to take with me. usually I would have no problem making this decision because I would just bring the trilogy with me. But I wanted to this time bring only the one lens and spend more time with the family instead of busily shooting.

At the moment it's between the 24-70mm f/2.8 and the 24-120mm f/4. The 24-70 is a much faster lens whereas the 24-120 isnt that bad either (gives me that extra range).

I've been to HK many times, but never have taken my DSLR with me. I've never been to Japan so I don't know what to expect.

I'll be shooting with a D800.

So yeah, I don;t know which lens to bring with me, and wanted to hear and see what other members would do if you were in my situation. Maybe I would be convinced to bringing more lens?