Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Studio lighting brands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Studio lighting brands

Hi all,
    I have a cheaper set of studio lights with a nasty colour cast. I am interested in purchasing/upgrading my lights and was searching for some advice on brands and watts
    I would like at least 2 lights. 3 would be better. Mainly used for small studio set up for people/babies/family shoots, product shoots and i have, on occasion, done the full 6-8 hour mass studio sessions with sporting/dancing schools.
    I was interested in the Alien Bees. However, i cant seem to get them in australia now.
    I have quickly rang for advice from the main suppliers in aus and i have been recommended 400w flashpro units. Still seems to be entry level at 400w but a step up to 800w more than triples the price.
    If anyone can enlighten me on their experience i would be grateful

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about elinchrom RX4's? They still cheap but should do what you need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *removed - read site rules 3-7*
    Last edited by ricktas; 26-01-2014 at 2:51pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myself and a few others on here have a pretty good/vast experience with lighting from the high end to mid range to budget. What is your budget first?
    Commercial/Editorial/Wedding work - www.jackietranphoto.com
    Travel Photography - www.wanderingasianguy.com

Broncolor lights up my world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    Myself and a few others on here have a pretty good/vast experience with lighting from the high end to mid range to budget. What is your budget first?

I am also interested in some feedback to the first question. I am looking at getting a set of studio lights to do the same sort of thing.

I have had a look at several brands and one that I started investigating was the Fomex HD600. This would suit my needs and budget but I am concerned that buy cheap, buy twice and there is not much scope to build on if I want to add to my setup. After doing some research I have been generally swayed towards the Bowens system.

I have been advised that 500w is a good starting point and what I liked with the bowens system is that there is scope to build on my system.

I was looking at the Bowens 500r and 500pro, has anybody got any experiences with one or both models.

thanks