Here's a trap for the unwary (I should have known better really..)
Those of you looking to make a few $$ from your hobby, be aware when photographing items with prominent trademarks & logos

The only money I have really made from photography is freelance travel writing & accompanying photography for magazines - Camper Trailer Australia, 4wd Touring Australia, & About Fishing NQ

But as a lazy way of selling images I have a selection on RedBubble. Only sold a grand total of 5 so far, so can't retire yet as margins are very small on RB

Anyway, as some of you have noticed, I play guitar & have taken a few shots of my guitar & amp. This shot below I set up with my own guitar & amp, my well-worn Docs & a couple of spirit bottles.

I quite like it...so I put it on RB without really thinking of the trademarks . Sold 2 prints of it so others took a liking to it as well.

Anyway, late december, Redbubble rather apologetically informed me that they had to remove the image.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you will be aware from our IP/Publicity Rights Policy, Redbubble requires a certain amount of information before it acts on such a complaint, including that:
• the relevant content is specifically named;
• the complaint came from the owner of the respective rights (or someone authorized to act on their behalf); and
• they have a good faith belief that the use of the relevant content is not authorized by content owner, its agent or the law.
On the basis of that information and in accordance with our User Agreement and IP/Publicity Rights Policy, we've removed the above-mentioned content from Redbubble.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wondered if Vox, Rickenbacker, Bundaberg Rum, or even Doc Marten had complained...turns out Korg, who currently own Vox submitted a complaint.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Redbubble has moderated the content that was reported in accordance with our IP/Publicity Rights Policy, as it was specifically named in a complaint received from Korg USA, Inc, the claimed copyright owner or licensee of Korg, Vox, Blackstar, Ashdown, Lag, and HK Audio related IP.
We have not explicitly said that the work does or does not infringe copyright or registered trademark, but we have a legal obligation to act on reports filed in accordance with our IP/Publicity Rights Policy where the content is specifically named.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My other shots where the Vox logo is blurry are fine (doesn't qualify as "specifically named")

Naughty image

Good image

Anyone ever applied to a company for permission to sell images with their logo?
Probably not worth my while I am guessing. Could always clone the logo out. Everyone can still tell what amp it is

While the Vox AC30 is a classic amp, they really don't sell many new ones these days - outgunned by the competition. If someone wants a nice Vox, they will buy a vintage one
So I reckon they need all the exposure they can get

So folks, moral of my story is if you want to sell photos, check you are not infringing on copyright by showing trademarks or logos.
Don't be a like me