Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5

Thread: 40d Upgrade to 70d worth it?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't the 7D pretty crap once you get the higher ISOs? At least I've been told that by a couple of people

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REDbiv View Post
    Isn't the 7D pretty crap once you get the higher ISOs? At least I've been told that by a couple of people

it only depends on your output requirements.

Compared to a D800 at the same output resolution .. it probably is.
    Compared to a smartphoney .. it's at least 10 years ahead in IQ.

It's all relative(to what you are comparing it too).

As for the actual upgrade path for the OP .. (and not being a Canon person myself).
    I'd say a new lens(type?) may be the better option.

So in this instance, and due to a lack of an UWA lens .. maybe this is the better option. I can vouch for the high quality of the Tokina, even wide open!
    And while you are at it, spending money on a new lens(and being a predominantly landscape oriented type), maybe a few quality filters to go with the new lens.

Although in saying all this, if you can't see yourself spending any more money on photography gear within the next couple of years maybe now is the time to get an updated camera body, and enjoy it for the next 5 years.

a new body is also a relevant upgrade option, not only for the better low light capabilities of the newer tech camera, but other features such as faster/better/more flexible AF performance, or better speed capabilities(buffer, frame rate, etc) ..... or whatever other feature gives you any advantage!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N