User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 40d Upgrade to 70d worth it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a bit of a devil's advocate here..................
    If you need good low-light performance, and you want to do some video work (and video is great for trips), then you have to go for a 70D.
    There are just so many advantages to the 70D, that you will be amazed by it's high ISO performance as well as the new processor it uses.
    The screen is like night and day compared to your 40D and the FPS of the 70D is also very good, to say nothing of the excellent focussing system it inherited from the 7D.

The Tokina 11-16 is a great UWA lens, and if you need to save $$$$, then buy a used one for a good saving.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought I'd post a follow up since I've ended up making a purchase and have got some new toys to play with now.

Since I was given permission to upgrade where ever I needed to, within reason, I bit the bullet and have gone to the 70d, as well as the Tokina 11-16mm. Ended up getting it all through DWI, who delivered quickly.

I must say that after an outing last weekend with both the old and the new bodies, the results of the 70d are far better, and the upgrade will be a very worthwhile outlay.

Taking a few shots with the 40d and then changign the lens over, and then taking the same with the 70d really showed the differences in the quality, especially once you bump up the ISO even within what the 40d can do, the 70d still showed a huge improvement.

Also got the chance for a bit of time in Crumpler, so have a nice handy bag for the trip now as well without having to lug the larger backpack around.

Thanks to all those that offered advice and assistance.
    [CENTER][FONT="Arial"]Canon 40D
    Velbon Sherpa 450R | Canon Speedlight
    Canon 17-85mm F/4-5.6 IS USM | Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM | Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Photoshop CS4 Extended

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12