User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10

View Poll Results: Is the Nikon camera body living up to YOUR expectations?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gravy.

12 41.38%
  • I would look at a reasonably priced FX body with a D4 sensor and all the controls that the D700 has.

5 17.24%
  • My D300 / D700 aint broke yet so I see no reason to upgrade.

4 13.79%
  • Yes, the D7100 fulfils all my needs in a DX body except for ( insert 54 answers here)

3 10.34%
  • Nikon don't get it, I need 24mp in FX with 10fps and if they don't release one I will buy Sony

2 6.90%
  • No, I want a D300 and D700 replacement all rolled into one or I will buy a Pentax

2 6.90%
  • Doesn't the DF cover both the options? Shame about having to use knobs and dials though ---

1 3.45%
  • What is a D700???

0 0%
  • My Iphone takes better pics anyway.

0 0%
  • Who cares so long as they release a 10-600 super zoom to save me from having to shift my lazy ****.

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is next in the Nikon body line up?

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    ..... I guess being a miserable old fart I don't like paying for something I don't use. And I concede that a lot of the bell's and whistles required for video have enhanced the camera's still functionality.

if you have ever payed for video capability in your camera .. you've been ripped off massively!

You're thinking of video ability in stills cameras in the wrong manner. Don't think of it as a feature you paid for and not using .. think of it as a feature that's purely free to 'ya!

The features you do pay for that you may sometimes use, or not, or whatever are: wireless!
    Wireless needs more hardware. Hardware that the camera manufacturers need to buy in, spend money on engineers to implement and so on and so forth.

Besides, stuff like wireless is actually best done externally(via an accessory) that is well implemented, and of an inconspicuous design type too.

Something you may have noticed since the introduction of video in DSLRs. There appeared to be a significant jump in high ISO quality, ever since DSLRs began capturing video!
    My belief is that(always has been) that as they increase the inherent bandwidth capability of cameras(this is a requirement for better quality video!) .. signal to noise ratios, increase.
    Increasing SNRs, generally mean better (higher)ISO quality and or dynamic range.
    Either of which I'll gladly take if that means having to put up with a useless and never used feature such as video capture capability

Now! .. GPS and Wifi ... in camera ... errrr. Only if they double battery life to go with that please.
    Two of the worst features for battery drain(them and liveview and/or EVFs).
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    We need a D5/D5x next
    I was close, but not quite close enough

Quote Originally Posted by torro View Post
    Received a email from Nikon Life outlining new models. A d4s is hinted.
    *torro wins the gong! Not that we have a wooly gong to give away.*
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123