User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  10

View Poll Results: Is the Nikon camera body living up to YOUR expectations?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gravy.

12 41.38%
  • I would look at a reasonably priced FX body with a D4 sensor and all the controls that the D700 has.

5 17.24%
  • My D300 / D700 aint broke yet so I see no reason to upgrade.

4 13.79%
  • Yes, the D7100 fulfils all my needs in a DX body except for ( insert 54 answers here)

3 10.34%
  • Nikon don't get it, I need 24mp in FX with 10fps and if they don't release one I will buy Sony

2 6.90%
  • No, I want a D300 and D700 replacement all rolled into one or I will buy a Pentax

2 6.90%
  • Doesn't the DF cover both the options? Shame about having to use knobs and dials though ---

1 3.45%
  • What is a D700???

0 0%
  • My Iphone takes better pics anyway.

0 0%
  • Who cares so long as they release a 10-600 super zoom to save me from having to shift my lazy ****.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is next in the Nikon body line up?

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is next in the Nikon body line up?

Today we have seen a new camera announced but it isn't exactly what the masses seem to want.

Will there ever be a D400?

Will there ever be a replacement for the D700?

Will any of the people who cast a vote and scream loudly for either actually buy one?

Are we all actually hooked on gear that might never satisfy our needs?
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my crystal ball is crap at getting the lotto numbers...so I'm out

but a d400 would be a good idea...
    Cheers and my name is Steve

OMD Em1...Now with two lenses !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_tompsett/
    http://tommo.smugmug.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thom Hogan wrote an interesting piece on why the D700 won't get a replacement: http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/...00-replac.html

I think the D400 is just a business decision for Nikon - they're probably not going to stand to make as much money as they could from continuing to upgrade the D3xxx/D5xxx lines.
    I'm Sam.

D810, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8, Nikon 16-35 f/4, Nikon 80-200 f/2.8. Sirui W-2204 Tripod w/ K-20x ballhead. Heliopan and Hoya filters.

My photos: Instagram | 500px | Flickr

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mongo just enjoyed reading your questions Andrew - probably more than any answers he is likely to see.
    In any event, Mongo is in the "who cares what Nikon do or don't do next" frame of mind at present. He thinks they should get their existing, current stuff and customer service right before they try to impress !!
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree with Mongo
    and
    I don't want to upgrade, I'm still learning how to use my D7000
    Cheers
    Darey

Nikon user, Thick skinned and wanting to improve, genuine C & C welcomed.

Photographs don't lie ! - Anonymous Liar

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We need a D5/D5x next
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 54Mp FX, probably the D900E.

I can see the need for a 24Mp D4 or as Rick says a D5/D5x with 24Mp.

However, the 36Mp D800E is what I call the perfect camera for my needs.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to vote gravy due to the following inconsistencies with my line of thought(s) :

* Nikon don't get it, I need 24mp in FX with 10fps and if they don't release one I will buy Sony:
    (I'd have postulated the ultimate notion of 94Mp in MF, Sony A7 sized body, 13fps, 2000 point AF covering entire sensor, clean ISO204K, and sub $1K price range .. or I'll buy a Sony )

* I would look at a reasonably priced FX body with a D4 sensor and all the controls that the D700 has:
    (reasonably priced and Nikon are two mutually exclusive terms of reference and so the above sentence does not compute! )

* No, I want a D300 and D700 replacement all rolled into one or I will buy a Pentax:
    (Pentax-Schmentax! ... I'd probably buy a LoFi ... Lomo )

* Doesn't the DF cover both the options? Shame about having to use knobs and dials though:
    (Df is $2K over priced .. I'd have preferred that the dials were a mechanism that alternated between two different sensors(D800 and D4) AND between sensors and a roll of film. Df is definitely not what I asked for )

* My D300 / D700 aint broke yet so I see no reason to upgrade:
    (my D300 is broke, and I don't have a D700 .. and I always see a reason to upgrade! ... ps. my D300 is only broke in that it's old tech and can't do ISO204K ... basically, it was broke from day one )

* Yes, the D7100 fulfils all my needs in a DX body except for ( insert 54 answers here):
    (I had 55 reasons and couldn't decide which to leave out to satisfy the stipulated conditions )

* What is a D700???
    (this one I knew, so my answer could have been considered insider knowledge.
    BTW: a camera design type in the days prior to Df day ... the likes of which we will never see again .... post Df! )

* Who cares so long as they release a 10-600 super zoom to save me from having to shift my lazy ****:
    (I look forward to the day of the 1-1200mm f/1.0 lens .. simply for the pleasure of shifting my lazy **** as an anachronistic gesture to the standard practice of using the wrong lens and cropping later in PP )

* My Iphone takes better pics anyway.
    (what's an iPhoney? )

* Gravy:
    (Yippeee! I'm having it again with my steak tonight anyhow, and so it seemed to be make the most sense to my current situation and remain above 99.9% in correctness and factuality )
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Moderately Underexposed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    I had to vote gravy
    (Yippeee! I'm having it again with my steak tonight anyhow,
    Typical, letting your stomach overrule your head again still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received a email from Nikon Life outlining new models. A d4s is hinted.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy with my D600.

I have serious doubts that I'll ever be as good as it is.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant see how Nikon can out do the previous models. D7000 D600 are more than enough for any photographer could ever need or want in a camera. New cameras are becoming small incremental upgrades rather than new ideas. They should focus there attention on current models and better product support....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty uninspiring news from Nikon. D4s is the camera I will want but can't afford. D3300 is the camera I can afford but don't want.
    The new sigma 50/1.4 Art series announcement has me much more interested.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
    Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a dream tick a menu with what you want and the manufacturer then makes the camera should be easy with all the plug and play components we have today
    Nikon D600 tamron 24-70 2.8 50 1.4 K5 Da70 Da 40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikon D610

Used to shooting with my Olympus e-620. Bought a Nikon D610..... WOW what a camera! Now to save up and buy some FX lens.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burton1955 View Post
    Used to shooting with my Olympus e-620. Bought a Nikon D610..... WOW what a camera! Now to save up and buy some FX lens.
    So you are discussing existing gear. This poll and thread is about what we want next..what has not been released yet. What do you want to see?

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, I would look at a reasonably priced FX body with a D4 sensor and all the controls that the D700 has. Who wouldn't!!
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd actually like to see Nikon answer the Sony A7 / A7R salvo with their own version. A D800E in a body the size of the Sony's would be quite amazing along with some appropriately size lenses

So I really don't want much!

Oh - and inbuilt wireless for goodness sake! Surely that can't be that hard?!?

Brenden
    Olympus OM-D EM-1, 12-40mm f2.8, 45mm f1.8, Panny 25mm f1.7

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    built in wireless would be a great feature, BUT only if there was a hardware button to activate/deactivate it!

Going through menus to switch it on/off would be annoying and most times the user would forget to turn it off ... battery life would suffer as a consequence.

but I agree wireless would be good for many situations but my main use of such feature would be for camera control, more so that image transfers/sharing.

Not sure on the usefulness of a A7 sized camera from Nikon .. to make full advantage of such a system would require a new lens lineup in reality, otherwise an F-mount version would serve no advantage in any way.
    It wouldn't be as small(requiring the backfoucus flange distance) and even tho the body would be smaller, the lens lineup would overwhelm it in almost any instance of Nikon lens usage.

Apart from having autofocusing lenses, Nikon wouldn't really gain anything in terms of market share from such a device.

- - - Updated - - -

built in wireless would be a great feature, BUT only if there was a hardware button to activate/deactivate it!

Going through menus to switch it on/off would be annoying and most times the user would forget to turn it off ... battery life would suffer as a consequence.

but I agree wireless would be good for many situations but my main use of such feature would be for camera control, more so that image transfers/sharing.

Not sure on the usefulness of a A7 sized camera from Nikon .. to make full advantage of such a system would require a new lens lineup in reality, otherwise an F-mount version would serve no advantage in any way.
    It wouldn't be as small(requiring the backfoucus flange distance) and even tho the body would be smaller, the lens lineup would overwhelm it in almost any instance of Nikon lens usage.

Apart from having autofocusing lenses, Nikon wouldn't really gain anything in terms of market share from such a device.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or at least being able to reassign a button to switch he wireless off would be good. From a lens perspective I think continuing the f mount is ok as long as it was supported with more smaller type zooms and primes ala the new 18-55mm. Most of the existing teles up to 105mm would probable balance ok and zooms like the 70-300 would be no drama, probably a 70-200 f4 the limit size wise. I think there is a market advantage here, particularly if they could price it in the DX range as the lens depth in Nikons fx range is pretty solid particularly adding in Tamron / Sigma etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast