User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Live scanner feeds

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live scanner feeds

Flint, Michigan 2nd most dangerous city in America. Did you know that you that you can listen to their police radio's live on line, I do.

Go through and pause the ones you don't want to listen to.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...and_genes.html

This covers Australia and there are lots more if google (live scanner feeds)
    http://www.switchbanks.com.au/scanner.html

I listen to them of a Friday and Saturday night when sitting at my computer and when there are emergencies like the vic bush fires. One day while at work I had my scanner on and herd that the Black Saturday fires were threatening an area where a friends property is so I called his work and he went home to defend it. They do come in handy.

I hope this is not a rule breach, if it is please remove.
    Cheers Dave.
    Canon 7d efs 15-85mm, Sigma 150-500mm. Nicon coolpix 5400

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting stuff - thanks for that Dave. I would have liked having access to something like that the last time we had flooding here. The QPS put plenty of info on their FB page, but it's not real time.
    Steve

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderstrat1963 View Post
    Interesting stuff - thanks for that Dave. I would have liked having access to something like that the last time we had flooding here. The QPS put plenty of info on their FB page, but it's not real time.
    For sure Steve, you get the warnings and updates as they happen And well before the media broadcasts it, which could be a real life saver
    Last edited by Duane Pipe; 05-01-2014 at 4:20pm.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, there's a few places on the w.w.w. that do this. They all seem to cover different places. Depends who's plug their local scanners into various sites.
    Here's another for those in Australia that may be interested (you can figure out how to listen to the rest of the world if you won't) ...... http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/coid/16

This stuff is not illegal, otherwise the sites would be quickly shut down. My understanding is the illegal comes into it if you use what you hear for any gain. So Channel 9 can't broadcast something recorded from these scanner's to add atmosphere to a news story.
    There's more to it, but I'm about fall asleep!