User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Imac VS Windows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imac VS Windows

What is better. I have seen alot of people use Imac for all there Photography editing and Video editing. Is there a reason for this. Any hep would be much appreciated.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Which is better, Holden or Ford? Really it is just personal choice. Editing a photo in photoshop on a PC or editing a photo in photoshop on a Mac is the same process, same methodology, etc. What device you choose to use is really just that. Like Nikon and Canon.

Some people swear by Apple, others love their PC's. There is no right answer, both can do the same job just as effectively. If I put 10 photos in front of you and said which ones were processed on a Mac and which ones were processed on a PC, any answer you gave would just be a complete guess. One does not produce a better result than the other.

So go try both out, see what you like and choose!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with what Rick has said. however if you are looking at the operating system I would stay away from window's latest 8.1. I use a MacBook laptop connected to a 26 inch HP monitor to edit my photos. this works well for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mac user for full time professional photography here for nearly 4 years since switching to Mac, heres my quick summary and experiences.

-I currently use an MBP connected to calibrated Dell Ultrasharps - the models which are Adobe RGB capable. This is considered to be a superior option than using an iMac solely for editing, the iMac screens need good and careful calibration as they are way too saturated and contrasty out of the box, not to mention they are gloss screen. For amateurs your photos might look better but for professionals it can be inaccurate to judge shadows and highlight and colour tones etc.

-I have never had a small or major problem with Macs, with iMac 27 inch and my MBP in the last 4 years. NONE. This is coming from a guy who takes the MBP everywhere around the world for work, from humid jungles to desert environments.

-I attribute the reliability and efficiency in no small part to my Solid State Drives. These are invaluable for editing and speed of access and boot times etc. A few yrs ago some AP member balked at the idea of me mentioning it as safe as it doesnt break down as easily due to having no moving parts. Frankly because back then SSDs were still new technology. But I was right, nothing has ever happened to my drives even after being dropped or used upside down etc.

Just remember, the monitor you use is very, very important. Not what is powering it.
    Commercial/Editorial/Wedding work - www.jackietranphoto.com
    Travel Photography - www.wanderingasianguy.com

Broncolor lights up my world.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by torro View Post
    I agree with what Rick has said. however if you are looking at the operating system I would stay away from window's latest 8.1. I use a MacBook laptop connected to a 26 inch HP monitor to edit my photos. this works well for me.
    Torro. It would be helpful for others if you could explain why/give reasons for your point of view.
    I am not advocating either side of this discussion, but many inexperienced users would be looking for advice and reasons here.

Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using the Mac mini for a number of years and it super fast and very small in size. I use it with the NEC multiSync P221w monitor and have an Eye One color meter to set the calibration. I have had several computers both Mac and window and I have found the Mac mini the best for my photography.