User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Off to Hobart Again!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off to Hobart Again!!!

Looking forward to Hobart again this year.......for those that don't know, my husband sails in the Sydney to Hobart race each year and he is doing it again!! I watched the start of the race from a boat on the Harbour and am jumping on a plane tomorrow to see them finish in Hobart! For those who are interested, his boat is a Beneteau 45 called 'Balance' owned by Paul Clitheroe and they usually do pretty well with seconds and thirds in recent years in their division.

I love the atmosphere down there and can't wait to be part of it again.....and to watch the fireworks from the boat on Constitution Dock........then touring around the parts of Tassie that we missed last time we toured around two years ago! Hoping for some awesome photo opportunities! Hopefully many photos to be posted when I get home!

- - - Updated - - -

Why does the boat owners name keep getting hashtags in it?? I've tried to edit it but it keeps happening????
    Last edited by ricktas; 28-12-2013 at 10:30am.
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a great time Karen.. Funny that I was talking to my hubby about you hubby the other day when he was watching the Yachts on TV.
    Why does the boat owners name keep getting hashtags in it? Because the first four letters of Paul's surname would have to be a naughty word..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I fixed the word, so that as part of a bigger word it is not censored.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Enjoy Hobart and Tassie. If you want to catch up at some stage, just PM me.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Have a great time Karen.. Funny that I was talking to my hubby about you hubby the other day when he was watching the Yachts on TV.
    Why does the boat owners name keep getting hashtags in it? Because the first four letters of Paul's surname would have to be a naughty word..
    Oh so it is!!!!! Ha Ha didn't even realise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Enjoy Hobart and Tassie. If you want to catch up at some stage, just PM me.
    Sure Rick will see how I go.....it's usually very hectic but a catch up sounds great

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoopi View Post
    Why does the boat owners name keep getting hashtags in it?? I've tried to edit it but it keeps happening????
    That's
    Did they have fun last night? I wouldn't want to be out there.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you could call it fun!! He he :-) They tore their mainsail so had to take it down and sail with their trisail. They managed to repair the mainsail but have lost a lot of ground and therefore aren't doing very well this year :-) they haven't finished yet due in about lunchtime... It's a slow torturous trip up the Derwent