A few weeks back I was inquiring for advice for a trip down under. Well my wife and I completed our three week holiday and returned home a couple of weeks ago. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We returned with over a thousand photos and heads filled with plans to return for future trips. Our original plans were to stay five days in Sydney and then drive the coast all the way around from Sydney to the Great Ocean Road, then back through Melbourne and across to the Blue Mountains as our final stop. But once we saw how beautiful the beaches were and experienced a couple of days of wildlife ect. in the Coota, we decided to bag our plan in favor of less driving and more beach walking. So we slowly worked out way back up the coast staying a couple of days at a time at each stop in order to see things in a bit more detail and exploring as many beaches as possible. We finished up with three nights at the Blue Mountains in Katoomba.

From a photographic standpoint, hopefully I was able to come away with images that at least approach a display of the beauty we observed in our travels. Of course the ultimate test of that will be the opinions of folks who know the subject matter well. So I'll put up a series of posts in the appropriate forums. In the mean time, for those who don't mind clicking and would rather not wait the posts, you can check out the following links.

NortherFocus' Australia Gallery

Impressions of NSW Slideshow with didgeridoo

My kit for the trip consisted of:

Nikon D7100
Nikkor 16-85mm DX, 70-200mm f4 VR, 300mm f4
Sirui T-025X tripod w/C-10X ball head, CPL, Cokin P filter set