I still have not had a great deal of practice with my new camera, but I am in awe of it. It is so far ahead of anything I have used before. In October I got some wonderful indoor shots that should have been duds when it came to hand held zoom pics. Special interest, not critique type things, and taken in hope, confusion, ignorance and experiment. Point and shoot with a great zoom lens. I haven't had time to edit most of them, anyway. I've also taken some shots for a local charity just to record certain equipment donations, and again, am overwhelmed with admiration of the machine. I feel so inadequate to use such advanced machinery. Anyhow, I dare say I'll get over that in time.

Now, my question relates to the video function and how to edit. I downloaded all material from the camera to my computer, only later remembering that there is an edit function in the camera. I guess I could reload the material back onto my SD card, but there must be a way of editing on the computer, is there?

Now, my skill level here is Windows Movie Maker. That I understand and can operate. I have had other programs, but it turns out none of them are installed on this computer, hardly surprising as I couldn't make head or tail of them.

Can anyone tell me what people use to edit their Canon camera movies, or suggest some programs to investigate/download? Some words, clues, pointers? I feel so ignorant and inadequate it's just not funny.

It'd be nice to do this camera proud. It deserves it.

Thanks
Newses Bach