User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Canon SX50 HS - Comment on camera and query on video function.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon SX50 HS - Comment on camera and query on video function.

I still have not had a great deal of practice with my new camera, but I am in awe of it. It is so far ahead of anything I have used before. In October I got some wonderful indoor shots that should have been duds when it came to hand held zoom pics. Special interest, not critique type things, and taken in hope, confusion, ignorance and experiment. Point and shoot with a great zoom lens. I haven't had time to edit most of them, anyway. I've also taken some shots for a local charity just to record certain equipment donations, and again, am overwhelmed with admiration of the machine. I feel so inadequate to use such advanced machinery. Anyhow, I dare say I'll get over that in time.

Now, my question relates to the video function and how to edit. I downloaded all material from the camera to my computer, only later remembering that there is an edit function in the camera. I guess I could reload the material back onto my SD card, but there must be a way of editing on the computer, is there?

Now, my skill level here is Windows Movie Maker. That I understand and can operate. I have had other programs, but it turns out none of them are installed on this computer, hardly surprising as I couldn't make head or tail of them.

Can anyone tell me what people use to edit their Canon camera movies, or suggest some programs to investigate/download? Some words, clues, pointers? I feel so ignorant and inadequate it's just not funny.

It'd be nice to do this camera proud. It deserves it.

Thanks
    Newses Bach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious here for answers too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Use whatever you have and what lets you do what you need. Just like Photoshop, lightroom, aperture, paint shop pro, gimp and more for still photos there is a myriad of video editing software. Which one you choose to use is really up to you.

I use Cyberlink Power Director.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, what I have now is Adobe Premier Elements, and I am very, very pleased. There are things I haven't got the hang of (Text, for instance, putting it where I want it) but I know these are things to learn. It is such a relief to half-way recognise functions. It is just what I wanted, a place to start that I can recognise from Windows Movie Maker, but at a different level. Again, I am totally stunned by the beautiful results of the Canon, and wish I was a lot more familiar with it so I could start to do it some sort of justice. I find the neck strap rather short to wear in use, and could do with a wrist strap as well; the button to start shooting movies is so deep (which I recognise it needs to be to avoid accidents) that I have failed to switch on when I thought I did, with odd results, but I'm the learner here. I haven't chosen a camera bag for it yet, which I need to do, one which will take the camera, spare batteries, charger, etc. Any recommendations welcome. I had thought of using my old video camera bag, but simply can't find it. Oh well. It deserves a brand new one, anyway.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to seeing some of your photos or videos soon, in the CC forums.