Thread: Flipping images horizontally - software needed

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flipping images horizontally - software needed

G'day all

I have embarked upon a slide copying exercise - and I have maybe 8,000 images to scan.

With my DIY copying rig, I am finding that it is easier to focus onto the reverse-emulsion side of the slide than the 'correct' viewing side of the slide ~ but it means that every image is reversed

If I continue with this method, I will need a bulk method of horizontal flipping for the copied images. I know that Windows file-manager will rotate images - but it will not flip them

Does anyone know of a bit of software that will take dozens or hundreds of images at a time and reverse-flip them horizontally?

Thanks in advance
    Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phil, if you have photoshop, I guess you could create an action to 'flip horizontal' and then once you're done with the scanning, batch apply that action to the whole folder of your scanned files?
    Pretty sure you could do it in lightroom too but I'm not home to double check that
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    agree with Dylan. Photoshop has an action/batch processing tool that allows you to create an action then repeat it (on a whole folder of photos, or a single photo).
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On that same token, lightroom can do it as well - upload all to lightroom then flip the first one, select all image then "sync". I've done this for time lapse work etc - fast and effective, then export them to where ever in JPEG TIFF or whatever file type available (or that you use)
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If for some obscure reason you do not have PS or Lightroom, you can always use the free Faststone Image Viewer.
    Just go to Tools>Batch Convert>Use Advanced Options>Rotate and select Flip Horizontally. Can't say that I have used Faststone to convert hundreds of images at once, but I have used it for dozens at a time to resize, etc and you can select the entire contents of a folder to convert.
    Canon 550D/7D - Canon 24mm IS USM - Sigma 10-20mm - Canon 15-85 IS USM - Sigma 28-300mm | RS60E3 cable remote | B&W ND110, Hoya CPL, ND2, ND8, Cokin P series H250A GND 'kit' | An embarrassingly cheap SLIK tripod.
    Software: PS CS5