User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: D610 impressions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D610 impressions

I have had my D610 now for a couple of weeks and am really satisfied.
    Initially I took the D610 to Kangaroo Island on a one day tour bus trip with my family. For convenience and given the crowded conditions and schedule I decided to use just the Scene modes for the day and was pleasantly surprised at how easy it works as a casual snapper.
    Before I realised it I had taken around 1000 frames in just one day.
    I am now exploring its function ions in more detail.

I am finding this camera a real joy to use and suggest this thread could be made a positive without reference to the earlier similar model - as there are plenty of threads around the place to take such discussions.

I am wondering if others are interested in posting their first impressions of this camera only - with first images perhaps?

This was taken two nights ago from a cliff-top with the 300mm f4 - the second one is a crop from the same image.

DSC_1851_0001 2 by randaldinga, on Flickr

DSC_1851_0001 by randaldinga, on Flickr

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NOTE: We cannot CC photos in threads that are not in the Member Critique forums!

So everyone is welcome to post here about the camera, but you cannot start using this thread to give CC to each other on your photos
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty impressive IQ on that crop!
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    NOTE: We cannot CC photos in threads that are not in the Member Critique forums!

So everyone is welcome to post here about the camera, but you cannot start using this thread to give CC to each other on your photos
    Thank you for clarifying this.
    My intent is only to encourage people to show off what the camera can do, not for CC.
    Last edited by NRandall; 04-12-2013 at 1:19am.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought mine a couple of weeks ago but then became ill so havnt had a chance yet to play outside with it, I umed and arrd about saving longer for the d800 for extra cropping ability but what you have shown here that I made the right decision Coming from a 5100 I love the extra buttons and quick and easy usability for changing iso ,shutter speed etc... also love the size, fits well in my feminine hands lol

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glennb View Post
    I bought mine a couple of weeks ago but then became ill so havnt had a chance yet to play outside with it, I umed and arrd about saving longer for the d800 for extra cropping ability but what you have shown here that I made the right decision Coming from a 5100 I love the extra buttons and quick and easy usability for changing iso ,shutter speed etc... also love the size, fits well in my feminine hands lol
    Up until a couple of months ago I was shooting with a D90, so as you can imagine I am still pinching myself a bit coming first via a D7000 and then this camera.. I am now enjoying the experience of the image as much as I was with film for the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glennb View Post
    Up until a couple of months ago I was shooting with a D90, so as you can imagine I am still pinching myself a bit coming first via a D7000 and then this camera.. I am now enjoying the experience of the image as much as I was with film for the first time.