Thread: Sydney christmas meet final details - illoura reserve 07/12/13

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sydney christmas meet final details - illoura reserve 07/12/13

I'm finally getting around to posting up the details for our Christmas Meet. As nobody indicated that they have a preference for location I decided that Illoura Reserve at Balmain East would be the better option from the locations I mentioned in the other thread.
    There are toilets available at the Ferry wharf. Illoura Reserve has views to the Harbour Bridge and if you walk around to the point we may be able to get a nice sunset shot of the Anzac Bridge. There is also a large fig tree that catches the setting sun and frames a nice backdrop as well. If we are lucky there may be a large passenger ship in dock opposite the reserve.

For our light painting there is a large anchor sculpture and some steps that we may be able to use to our advantage.

Lets meet at say 4 - 5 pm near the ferry wharf. I am not sure what parking will be like but hopefully it won't be too bad. Keep in mind that you may have to carry a few things from your car so make sure you travel light.

What to bring:

Camera, wide angle lens, telephoto lens, filters (if you use them), release cable or remote release, tripod, light painting gear and batteries (if you have any), torch, chair, food (nibblies and dinner), drinks, your creativity.

IF ANY OTHER MEMBERS WANT TO JOIN US PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD YOUR INTENTION TO COME SO THAT WE CAN KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR YOU!
    Last edited by NikonNellie; 29-11-2013 at 12:40am.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com