Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Exif Data

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exif Data

Hello again.
    Having recently noticed a couple of comments pertaining to Exif Data being read I wondered why I was now no longer able to view this basic information which I had previously been able to view for pics on AusPhot.

Some time ago I had been able to view Exif Data by hovering the cursor over the pic and right clicking on it. No more!

So I did a Search on Exif and got hundred of references. No, I thought - there must be a better way. How about searching FAQ? So I tried that and got all sorts of answers which basically confused me. BTW, I use IE. Maybe I had been using Firefox before. But I don't use it now for a long time.

So I did a search on the net and downloaded an Exif Viewer from Exif Viewer. Not sure what that is for but it didn't appear when I right-clicked on an AusPhot pic. So, not being defeated I downloaded another, KUSO, with the same result. No, I thought, this is a waste of time!

So I went back to FAQ and did another search on "Exif". What? "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." No, I thought. Can't be! I'll try again. Same result - "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggggh!

Can someone tell me what to download please for IE?

And I can't remember ever having to download anything before for Firefox to read the Exif Data - it just read it when the pic was right clicked on and Exif Data was on the drop-down meny to be selected.
    Phil.
    Equipment: Panasonic Lumix FZ2500, Weifeng WF-717A tripod, Manfrotto 560B-1 Monopod.
    Software: Corel PaintShop Pro x9 + Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4
    - Beauty and Design in Nature - do you see it?

flickr

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Right Click EXIF view is related to YOUR browser and the add-ons you have installed for it on your computer. Yes you need an add-on in both firefox and IE to read EXIF. You just need to find one for your browser and install it.

The site FAQ is about the basic software behind Ausphotography, it doesn't contain stuff about what you have installed on your computer.
    Last edited by ricktas; 28-11-2013 at 9:17pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if the image does not have EXIF (i.e. the poster removed it); you can't see what is not there
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should now mention that Kuso does appear when you right click on a pic and you then have to open a popup window for Kuso and you then get all the data - bucketloads, far more than you need. You are supposed to be able to edit it and show just what you want to see but I tried it once and it did not work.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil777 View Post
    I should now mention that Kuso does appear when you right click on a pic and you then have to open a popup window for Kuso and you then get all the data - bucketloads, far more than you need. You are supposed to be able to edit it and show just what you want to see but I tried it once and it did not work.
    Maybe the Kuso website can help with how to do that?