Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Heading to Tassie for a week

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heading to Tassie for a week

Leaving Monday morning and will be just outside Hobart.

Any hints / tips of where to go very welcome.

If there are clear skies I might try to grab a shot of the Ison comet. If anyone else is thinking the same and would not mind a tag along let me know

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    clear skies...hahaha. We have had about 2 clear days in the last two months. The week ahead is supposed to be rain as well. Bring your thermals, winter is dragging on here this year.

Taroona Beach for a sunrise
    Bellerive Bluff for a sunset

1 hour drive to Russell Falls
    20 minute drive to Richmond (oldest bridge in Australia)
    20 minute drive to pinnacle of Mt Welling to see what white looks like and get blown off the top (unless the weather does something different to the BOM forecast)
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are clear skies? Are you on Facebook, there is a good group Aurora Australis Tasmania and many of them are comet chasing.

All the spots Rick mentioned are good. Derwent Valley is nice for the oast houses (hop kilns). Dawn from Mt Wellington can be wonderful but the weaterh is so cold this year I haven't ventured up since we got here in September.

The strange cloud that hung over the mountain all day yesterday - from below it looked like there were pancake layers along the top edge, and it looked like very cold rain or sleet was falling, very white. Cold all day, and today ditto.

23112013-aft-P1110194.jpg
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||