User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Flash recommendation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flash recommendation

I have to say I know very little about flash, but have a 21st on at the end of the month and I'm expected to take photos which I don't mind, but as it's going to be indoors in a restaurant, I figure I'll need a flash set up better than the flash on the camera.

I plan to get into portraits and photography with lighting more down the track as I develop as a photographer, but at this stage I'm doing mainly landscapes/seascapes/cityscapes..etc
    Now the issue for me is that I don't really know much about flash and I pretty much need to buy something today, so I have it before the date.
    I have a Nikon D7100 and I'm thinking I need something like a speedlite and just have the light shooting off the ceiling. I understand there are masters and slaves, but at this stage I just want one to get me by and that may be used as a slave down the track when I buy something better as a master. I'm thinking of something up to $150 and have seen various ones on eBay, but I don't really understand yet what I should be looking for in a flash. I have seen a Yongnuo YN-510EX which has TTL but only in slave mode. I don't know if TTL only in slave mode is a problem or not.

I would appreciate some direction and help as to what I should be looking for in a flash or recommendations.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No export here, but since no one's answered and you're in a hurry.
    wetpixels does a lot of research before committing to something. So check his link in post #1 here ......http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...flash-with-HSS
    Think it's in you're price range and could be useful later.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mark L, I have ended up buying a Yongnuo YN-565EX i-TTL Flash Speedlite if anyone has one or knows about them and can give me any tips or info, that would be very much appreciated.