Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CC Photoshop + Lightroom - 12 months at AUS$9.99/month - [updated]

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/off...shop+lightroom

Photoshop Photography Program

For a limited time, you can join a special Creative Cloud plan.
    It includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available, 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration, and a Behance ProSite. And it's just A$9.99/month when you sign up for a one-year plan, but you need to join by 31st March 2014 . Questions? See our FAQ and terms.
    Updated to 31st March
    Last edited by Kym; 17-02-2014 at 1:05pm.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "but you need to join by December 2, 2013."
    Suggests that the cost is going up and this is just to get you roped in. $9.99 now who knows next year what you will be paying.
    The age of entitlement isn't over, it's just over there where you can't get to it.
    When several possibilities exist, the simplest solution is the best.
    "There are no rules" Bruce Barnbaum, The art of Photography
    Graham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I get an 'out' with it. (ie, once the 12 months is up, do I have a copy of CS6 that I can continue to use as long as I want, or if I upgrade from CS5 now to the cloud, am I stuck having to pay them for the rest of my life when I want to edit a previous photoshop file)?

I did hear that apparently come CC subscriptions get a perpetual license of CS6 but not sure if this is included here. (Otherwise $119.4 for a perpetual license of CS6 would be worth it). I just can't bring myself however to sign up to something that has me cornered by them without an exit strategy.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agb View Post
    "but you need to join by December 2, 2013."
    Suggests that the cost is going up and this is just to get you roped in. $9.99 now who knows next year what you will be paying.
    Yup!
    The 'drug dealer' marketing approach, get you hooked then jack up the price.
    And if/when the price goes up the © infringed download count will go up

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adza View Post
    Do I get an 'out' with it. (ie, once the 12 months is up, do I have a copy of CS6 that I can continue to use as long as I want,
    That is not at all likely. Why would they let you have a full version of Photoshop for $120? We would all join if that was the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I read somewhere that some people were getting a full version with their subscription. That may have been a 3 year one though.

Apparently CS6 is 'old' now compared to the CC anyway (I don't believe there are the updates going through), so was wondering if it was a possibility.

$9.95 is very good value if the cloud works for someone - so I wonder why Adobe have such pricing... could it be that the cloud subscriptions haven't been as high as they have been indicating?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adza View Post
    xe - so I wonder why Adobe have such pricing... could it be that the cloud subscriptions haven't been as high as they have been indicating?
    I think it suggests just that, they have not suckered in as many as they hoped for and now they hope to do as Kim has said, the drug dealer marketing approach.
    Just by the way, there is a blog somewhere that has it that this price is permanent,but the terms and conditions are quite clear,
    "Offer is valid until December 2, 2013, and can be changed without notice.

Renewal
    After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering."
    Note, CURRENT price of the offering and above, the offer can be changed without notice, so this is a bait price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read that Adobe was "looking into" some kind of end of subscription product, but as of right now you don't get anything once your subscription expires. Giving away CS6 to ex-subscribers would make sense, as it will be a 2 or 3 year old product by the time most current subscriptions run out. I wouldn't count on it though.

Other than the issue of what happens after the subscription, the $10/month seems a pretty good deal. That's not much more per year than I recently paid for the Lightroom 5 upgrade.
    -- Mister Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, $10 / month is a good deal.

However I wouldn't accept it if they gave it away for free. It's never been about the price. I don't want my files 'upgraded' to whatever their current format is, and then forced to either keep paying them and accepting whatever new price and terms they dictate in the future, or not be able to access the changes I've done in the CC software in other software that I have for life. To me the price has never been the issue - it's "the trap". (LOL - reminds me of commander Ackbar )

It also kinda reminds me of these Ad's I've seen on TV. Sign up and get the first 6 months free.... and then the fine print dissapears too quickly for me to read.

With all the press release a few months ago about Adobe saying that clients were swarming over to CC I thought I may have been in the minority... now I'm not quite so sure.
    Last edited by adza; 21-11-2013 at 7:58pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, if this is not inspiration to really learn how to use Gimp.....

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    It may be getting a bit of press, but this part of the comment is clearly wrong.
    "The good news is that this appears to be the permanent price tag instead of an introductory offer to attract more users before a rate hike."

This is in the terms and conditions.

Offer is valid until December 2, 2013, and can be changed without notice.

Renewal
    After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

Meaning the current price in 12 months whatever that is.

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @agb If the price gets too high the © infringed downloads go up.
    While there is a price people are happy to pay Adobe wins

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a FB page with lots of discussion https://www.facebook.com/Photoshop/p...835078039685:0

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have signed up for Photoshop CC for the $9.99/month, but the download is asking me "This link needs to be opened with an application". Does anyone know what application I should be opening it with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember having a similar problem Lance. Is that on Windows? The only application you should need to download and install yourself is the Adobe Application Manager. It should download and install like any other software, then you run it, log into CC and it will install Photoshop, etc. for you.

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step 1 - download and install Creative Cloud from the Adobe download site https://creative.adobe.com/products
    Step 2 - login to Creative Cloud (the app)
    Step 3 - install Lightroom from Creative Cloud
    Step 4 - install Photoshop from Creative Cloud

If any issues, call Adobe
    Last edited by Kym; 25-11-2013 at 11:46am.

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step 1 - download and install Creative Cloud from the Adobe download site https://creative.adobe.com/products
    Step 2 - login to Creative Cloud (the app)
    Step 3 - install Lightroom from Creative Cloud
    Step 4 - install Photoshop from Creative Cloud

If any issues, call Adobe
    Thanks, Kim. I have done all that. When I am at the download stage, it asks me "This link needs to be opened with an application ". What application should I use? It tries to link to AdobeApplicationManager(URIHandler) but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrQ View Post
    I don't remember having a similar problem Lance. Is that on Windows? The only application you should need to download and install yourself is the Adobe Application Manager. It should download and install like any other software, then you run it, log into CC and it will install Photoshop, etc. for you.
    Yes, it is on Windows. Where do I find the Adobe Applications Manager? I've looked on my computer files and can't seem to find it. It tries to link to AdobeApplicationManager(URIHandler) but I can't seem to find one.
    Last edited by Lance B; 25-11-2013 at 12:09pm.

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    Thanks, Kim. I have done all that. When I am at the download stage, it asks me "This link needs to be opened with an application ". What application should I use? It tries to link to AdobeApplicationManager(URIHandler) but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone know?
    None, just save the file (should be a .exe) then double click it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    Yes, it is on Windows. Where do I find the Adobe Applications Manager?
    You can find the download button on this page. It's also buried in the page Kym posted. You will need to be signed in on the Adobe web site before you can download it - it should ask you to do so when you click the download button if you're not already logged in.

- - - Updated - - -

None, just save the file (should be a .exe) then double click it.
    I think the getting started page is just a bunch of buttons for the individual apps which will try to start the CC manager to install them. If you don't already have the CC manager installed you get the "how do I open this?" message that Lance is getting. For some reason the CC manager itself isn't included at the top of that page in big bold letters. :P
    Last edited by MrQ; 25-11-2013 at 12:42pm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast