Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Canon 700D Twin lens kit

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Canon 700D Twin lens kit

For those who know me I had been thinking about upgrading from my 400D for some time.
    I had most of my gear up for sale on Gumtree here in Perth. Then suddenly the camera with its
    50mm lens sold and I was then able to seriously look around for a replacement. I decided on a
    brand new Canon 700D on sale through Gumtree. It had the twin lens kit with the STM 18-55mm zoom lens.
    It had been an unused prize and was selling for quite a bit less than retail. So I took the plunge and paid up.
    I still have the EF 18 - 200mm Canon zoom but fear it needs a service to get it zooming and focusing more smoothly.
    So now all I have to do is read the three hundred pages or so.....and remember some of it ......and put it into action!
    Phil.
    Equipment: Panasonic Lumix G9, GX9, Panasonic Leica 100-400 f/4.0-6.3, Panasonic 14-140 f3.5-5.6, Panasonic 7-14mm f4, Weifeng WF-717A tripod, Manfrotto 560B-1 Monopod, Huawei P30 Pro.
    Software: Corel PaintShop Pro 2020 + Corel Painter Essentials 4
    - Beauty and Design in Nature - do you see it?

flickr

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the acquisition
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 700D Phil and very pleased with it. Enjoy the new camera
    Regards
    Wayne

CC Always welcome as its a great way of Learning

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just discovered a little bit of a problem within the viewfinder of the 700D - when you use the dial to set the viewfider to focus sharply on the screen it does not focus the digits along the bottom of the screen. However, if you turn the dial a bit more the digits come into focus but this leaves the picture out of focus. ie both cannot be in focus at the same time. I am sure this was not a problem with the 400D I used to have. It seems to me that this row of digits including shutter speed and aperture also need to be in focus as well as the subject on the screen. Any ideas on this please?

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it an Aussie purchase? A call to canon service centre might help to see if that is normal operation.
    Cheers Brian.

Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX. 580EX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My eyes are rubbish and this isn't a problem I've ever encountered. I always adjust the Dioptric Adjustment Knob until the LCD in the viewfinder is sharp. The manual says that you should "Turn the knob left or right until the 9 AF in the viewfinder look sharp." The focussing screen and the LCD display in the viewfinder are in the same plane, so if one is in focus they should both be in focus.

It may sound like a silly question, but have you half-pressed the shutter button to focus on the subject?
    Mark

Canon 70D w/Grip l Canon 60D w/Grip l EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM l EF 70-200 f4L IS USM l EF-S 15-85 f3.5-5.6 IS USM l EF 100 f2.8 USM Macro l EF-S 18-55 f3.5-5.6 IS STM l EF 50 f1.8 II l Canon EF-S 10-22 f3.5-4.5 USM l 430 EX II Flash l Rode Stereo VideoMic l Manfrotto 055XPROB + 498RC2 Tripod l Benro MP-96 M8 Monopod l Lowepro Vertex 200 AW Backpack l Lowepro Pro Runner 300 AW Backpack l PS CS5 Extended l Lightroom 4.3

Regular Visitor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil777 View Post
    I have just discovered a little bit of a problem within the viewfinder of the 700D - when you use the dial to set the viewfider to focus sharply on the screen it does not focus the digits along the bottom of the screen. However, if you turn the dial a bit more the digits come into focus but this leaves the picture out of focus. ie both cannot be in focus at the same time. I am sure this was not a problem with the 400D I used to have. It seems to me that this row of digits including shutter speed and aperture also need to be in focus as well as the subject on the screen. Any ideas on this please?
    On my 700D both are in focus at the same time