User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Arduino - open source projects

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arduino - open source projects

Just curious if any other gadget freaks out there are playing with Arduino or one of the many off shoots of it. I bought an Arduino UNO about a year ago and initially found it a bit tedious. After a bit of playing around and refreshing my electronics/programming skills I'm actually finding it to be a good bit of fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

I've thought about it many a time, but never actually gone through with anything. I initially wanted one for a backlight project, but kind of grew out of the concept, laziness I guess.
    http://lifehacker.com/5848552/arduin...looks-stunning

What are you using it for or planning on using it for?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I've started pretty basic as my programming skills are extremely rusty. I made a simple intervalometer to fire the camera shutter as well as a couple of flashes. This week, out of necessity, I built a temp/humidity sensor that displays the data on a LCD screen as well as logging it to a computer. Ultimately I think I'd like to prototype my own version of the camera axe system, but I've got a long way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic, well keep me informed with your progress, I'd love to do something like a water droplet/timer setup.

What area in particular were you aiming for with the trigger?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sorted the laser trigger in a very basic form - easier than expected. There is still plenty to do with the coding though. I need to finish learning the ins and outs of programming the LCD shield so I can have field adjustable delays and trigger assignments.

I'm not sure what you mean by what area am I aiming for with the trigger. The idea is to make a versatile interface that can except several types of triggers and can be used which can be used in multiple applications. High speed photography is the starting gate with droplet, shattering glass, exploding fruit and a few other subjects in mind.