Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Nikon D600 Replaced with D610 due to sensor oil issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikon D600 Replaced with D610 due to sensor/shutter oil issue

Hey Guys,

Just thought i'd share my recent experience with a D600 and Harvey Norman.

I originally purchased a new Nikon D600 from Harvey Norman about 4 months ago.

After the first day of use I noticed some small spots during processing, straight away I thought hmm ok maybe someone had got this out when it was in the showcase and had got dust on it.

So I proceeded for another week and more and more spots started to appear, ok i'm thinking I might have a D600 with the oil sensor issue.

Took the camera in for a sensor clean and inspection, verdict came back yerp I've got a dud

Soooooooo, I thought ok i'm going to be smart about this and just overload the Harvey Norman sales rep with info when I go in to talk about the oil sensor issue.

So with a small book in hand consisting of print outs from the net on the sensor issue on D600's and photos on a laptop showing the spots getting worse and worse I went in with the intentions of getting a new replacement D600 not just a fix.

Anyway long story short, I didn't even have to get the laptop images out, this guy got about 1/3 through my mountain of paper work and put the white flag up :P so i'm thinking ok now it's time to bring out the ace card.

Then I presented him with more paper work on the Nikon D610 and why it's basically the same camera but with the sensor issue fixed and that technically the D600 will be replaced by this to solve the problem and that I should be first on the list to receive one because i'm such a good customer and all :P

Anywayyyyyyyyy.,..

End result was a brand new D610 and they allowed me to continue to use the D600 the whole time I was waiting on the new one, thanks Harvey

One happy camper now I won't be spending half my life getting rid of sensor spots :P I was starting to dream about em :P

Thought i'd share this story and good luck to anyone else who tries

Scotty
    Last edited by ScottJon; 06-11-2013 at 6:13pm.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had any doubt that hardly normal salespeople aren't the sharpest pencil in the pack and this confirms it. All I have ever seen of their camera selection are radically overpriced items that suddenly are reduced by $500.00 the minute that anyone enquires about them which of course then leaves them only $200.00 above the retail point.

Congrats for having a win, baffling bullshit with fact is a good approach.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha yes agreed Andrew, I got them down to a competitive price with just one question, but some people unfortunately don't ask about the price and pay so much over.

When I was in there the time before this, I heard the salesmen trying to sell this poor guy a camera he did not need, was like watching seagulls on a chip :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good result....my Nephew works at Harveys..hes just as jaded about as we are ...and always goes to the bottom dollar price with punters as he knows he will never close a deal if he toes the line of full retail ...they ain't stupid...just trying to earn a living like us all !
    Cheers and my name is Steve

OMD Em1...Now with two lenses !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_tompsett/
    http://tommo.smugmug.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a lot of people assume the prices listed at retail stores have little room for negotiation, until they ask, and be surprise how much they are willing to lower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing that u buy from Harvey Norman, I dont think other stores have service like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to keep getting comments wrong here but I did want to say I have had a similar positive experience with the same two cameras as you mention and the newer one is making me very happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats, well done on asking and doing your homework. I'm not sure other D600 owner in Aus will have the same success. In the US, they've started a class action lawsuit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have swapped my 600 for the new 610 as well. My camera shop was very happy to help me as they knew the problems I had had with the oil spots. Excellent service and I am now a very happy camper too !!
    D610 and D90 with a 16-35mm f/4,a 70-200mm f/4 ,a 300mm f/4 +TC11 convertor, 18-200mmDX and 85mm micro Dx.

Sally...CC always appreciated

My Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/salnel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I had come across this thread BEFORE I bought my D600 late last year. No spots so far so maybe I'm in luck :P
    The world is an AMAZING place . . .
    flickr :: panoramio