User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7

Thread: Different Kinds of Birthday Presents..

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different Kinds of Birthday Presents..

Yes what do you buy that Special Person in your life when he always says he does not want anything for his Birthday or maybe just some scratchies..
    It was Hubby Tony's 70th Birthday on Monday and he certainly got plenty of those the mind boggles at just how many and he did not win very much.
    One on my iPhone reminder list were some colourful dwarfs for the garden so I asked him to take me to the Big Green Shed and we found these..

Papa Smurf he loved it..

So Papa Smurf would not get lonely I got him a younger Girlfriend Smurfette..

I moved her from below the Bird Bath to the bottom of the back steps as the dear were dropping their little surprise parcels all down the front of her

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, I love em! I want these!
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont blame you Adam, I may go and buy some more I think there were four different styles or is that Models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he`s a very lucky man to have you as his wife Mary Anne. So thoughtful.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You Graeme yes very thoughtful

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope my better half waits 'til my 70th birthday before she buys me things like these.
    Happy birthday Tony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was supposed to be HIS birthday Maryanne. Seems that you bought them more for you than him, clever girl!!!

My mum was always the one who would attend to the handyman stuff because dad was self employed and worked 6 days a week. If mum needed something, say a drill to make something with, she would buy it for his birthday so that she would have it to use. The number of times that dad would open a present and say, "What am I going to do with that???" to which mum would reply, "Well if you don't want it, I can put it to good use".

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, Tony said Thank You, and by tine you get to 70 you have got everything.
    I was all set to buy Tony some Canon Binoculars with IS as he does not like the N ones he bought himself a few years ago.
    Then he said he would not use them enough and he is right, so its best to get him what he wants.

Oh No Aussie Girl I would not do a thing like that Ok so I wanted a girl Smurf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely colourful presents there Mary Anne. I'm sure Tony will have lots of in depth conversations with them in his man cave (shed).

Oh, Aussie Girl, you must still be young.

For my birthday last Sunday (all the best were born at the end of Oct eh? ) my wife gave me permission to spend some of my money on a photo safari type jaunt when I work out where I want to go.

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John I dont know about Tony talking to Papa Smurf though he does do a lot of talking through the fence to Roxy the Rottweiler next door
    Yes I wonder why the best are born towards the end of October I am so lucky....... Is your wife going on the photo safari with you
    I had list of three presents for him. Binoculars, new iPad Air, and a puppy. #1 would not use them enough, #2 and #3 not ready for them yet.
    I tried

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Yes I wonder why the best are born towards the end of October I am so lucky....... Is your wife going on the photo safari with you

It my family's case its definitely heavily weighted towards the end of October. My birthday's the 27th. My Paternal grandfather's birthday was the 20th October & my Maternal grandfather's birthday was the 26th, as was my mother's middle sister, his daughter.

I was leaning towards Yellowstone, when we visit our Eldest son who now lives in Chicago, although the timing is a bit difficult with the available dates, so perhaps Yosemite. Judy will obviously be in the US with me, but scenery isn't her thing so perhaps she'll stay with James & his girlfriend whilst I go off clicking shutters on my own.

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Birthday happens that way in Families.. That's wonderful John you will enjoy which ever Park you choose.
    You mean you lovely Wife Judy does not come along with you and help carry that heavy gear
    Both places are a long way from Chicago, will you be getting a flight from there to the Park of your choice or driving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Birthday happens that way in Families.. That's wonderful John you will enjoy which ever Park you choose.
    You mean you lovely Wife Judy does not come along with you and help carry that heavy gear
    Both places are a long way from Chicago, will you be getting a flight from there to the Park of your choice or driving.
    Judy & I do a fair bit of bushwalking, but I seem to carry my gear & most of hers as well .

If we go to Yellowstone we'll fly to Jackson Hole and drive from there but James & Karen want to go there as well so it would be more sight seeing than photography.

Yosemite would be good in (their) spring, I've only been there in winter, but its a stunning place so definitely still on the list and would be a decent drive from San Francisco.

At the moment my other possibility is fly to Flagstaff, visit the Grand Canyon (Judy & the kids have been there but I missed out) then drive 400km to Monument Valley, 2 nights there, then drive 400km to Bryce Canyon NP, 1 night there then 100km to Zion NP, 2 nights there, then 300km to Las Vegas to see a couple of shows.

Loves The Wildlife.
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John the trip sounds fantastic what ever Park you choose..