Thread: Used Prices Whinge ....

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used Prices Whinge ....

Wow , been a painful week ..

Been selling my 6.1MP cameras , now they were nice , but not much room for cropping ( Macro ) . Anyways picked up a cheap K10D to replace one camera , and Im stuck .
    I cant find another decent deal , everything is priced through the roof .. Who the heck wants to pay $500 for a Kx or Kr or Km ????
    Seriously , Im now looking at having to buy a K30 because nothing else makes sense ..

I wanted a relatively cheap body ( low millage ) to put a manual lens on . Im not going to pay $400 to $500 for a used camera , when I can buy a K30 for $507 shipped ( NIB )
    Im torn , I dont want to buy a K30 ........ And I dont want to pay ridiculous money for old technology either ...

Stuck between a rock and a hard place !

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    as per your signature, stop buying and trading second hand stuff and keep saving..and get that K3 your signature says you want. Problems solved
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well , more selling than buying now , there really is nothing I need as such :
    Im all lensed out ... More lenses than I can use ..

I have a Sigma 50mm F2.8 Macro 1:1 lens I want on a body full time . Thats what I need another body for , Kr or Kx will do ...

Im selling 3 6.1MP cameras ( well 2 sold so far ) and one to go .. Long term plan was to replace 3 with 2 ...

This entire year has been about catching up : And learning along the way , I had 10 years to make up from my absence from photography , a Kr or Kx would bring me to here and now .

The K3 , yeah , got to have the K3 .. And once I do , I may start selling my other cameras and buy another K3 so id have 2 ..

But that's the future ..

istD
    istDS
    K100D
    K200D
    K10D
    K20D
    K5

Yeah , something missing from that list , a Kr or Kx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Old4570 I have a Pentax Film Camera an ME F which was after the ME 2000 I was wondering if the lenses on this are interchangeable with the newer digital cameras If so I could look for a new pentax body

Kind Regards
    Livio

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Be aware that threads discussing sales/purchasing of gear on AP must be in the classifieds forum. Please watch where this thread heads.

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ME F was the first Auto Focus capable Pentax Body , as such pentax put all the Auto focus features into the lens if mem serves ..
    I have that first Auto focusing lens in my collection .. If that is the lens you are talking about , it only works on the ME F body ( Auto Focus ) , manual focus will work on any Pentax K mount body ..

ME F is a lone child as far as Auto Focus goes .. No other Auto focus lens will work in the body ( ME F ) and the AF lens made for the ME F will not Auto focus in any other body ...

But manual focus , not an issue ... Not sure about aperture ? ( Will the A setting work ? )

K mount lenses = Will work on all pentax K mount bodies , Yes , hard to beat the old manual focus lenses ...
    Many people run the old manual focus lenses on their digital bodies ..

50mm in particular seems popular :

If your looking for a body ? Hmmmm , not many bargains out there ATM

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks rick, Yes okay I see how this is close to the mark, I was genuinely asking a question about some of my old gear which I am now happy to hang on to they may not have been the best lenses in the world but they gave me heaps of variety of shots all be it on film, Happy now to have a few options

Kind Regards
    Livio

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks old4570 you just made me very happy I can hold on to my old lenses

Kind Regards
    Livio