Thread: Opportunity to purchase New Gear

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opportunity to purchase New Gear

The Last few months haven't allowed for much time to get out with the camera, due to my sisters illness and even less since her passing away a few weeks ago, but I hope that as things get sorted out I'll soon be able to start taking photos and also get to spend some time reading S/Kelbys' L/r 4 learning L/room.

Although this will now allow me the opportunity at purchasing some new gear, but now without the same excitement & enjoyment.
    EG. Flash, filters and the more difficult choice lenses.

Hence the post. I have the D5000 which I have been quite happy with and at this point I'm not sure I'll worry about upgrading to F/F or as nice as it might be the new D7100 does look tempting.

The big question is lenses. I use mainly the Sigma 120-400 (probably sell) and occasionally the 35mm 1.8 and have the 2 kit lenses which I hardly touch. I'm considering.

1. Portait Lens, Nikkor AF-S 85mm f/1.8G or 105mmf/ 2.8.

2. Wildlife lens, Sigma 150-500mm or Nikkor AF-S 200f/2, 70-200 f/2.8 + T/C

3. general purpose zoom eg f/2.8 ? for when just going out for the day still looking at options

4. thinking about wide angle lens might hold off for a bit ?????

Just starting to look at other brand options.

So these are my current thoughts and want to set up for the long term with out having to re-purchase others unless to move into a dedicated field but not looking to do so at this point, but if I did buy a F/F have I strictly speaking cut my self short or will they still perform well.

Thank you for your thoughts
    Last edited by ROA44; 31-10-2013 at 11:10am.
    Nikon, D750, D5000, 35mm f/1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm kit lens,
    Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, Sigma 120-400mm, Sigma 150-600S, SB-910, Metz mecablitz 58 AF-2
    Manfrotto 680B Mono + 234RC tilt, 055XPROB + 804RC2.