User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: If you are ever in Washington, D.C......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are ever in Washington, D.C......

So I am currently on a holiday on the east coast of the US and went to the NEWSEUM in the nations Capitol.

While at first I was a bit hesitant to go here as I wasn't sure what to expect (I have a horribly short attention span). But I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it thoroughly.

The section I enjoyed the most though was the Pulitzer Prize section which showed every winner since it's introduction.

While I didn't like some of the images (the great thing about photography is not everyone likes the same thing ) some of them where amazing (Obviously).

One thing I did enjoy is the fact that on some of the images they had the camera hear the photographer used encased in a box. Which I thought was kind of cool.

Below is just two of them that I took a quick shot of with my phone.

It also had photography equipment that was recovered from the September 11 attacks at the world trade centre.

All in all I think it's a very worthy stop if you ever get the chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for sharing Clark. These are interesting artefacts of photographic history. Always interesting to hear about places of particular interest. Next time I happen to be in DC it would be worthwhile to visit. Lost time in the Smithsonian last (and only so far) time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a book with all the Pulitzer images and the stories behind the images. Some of the accounts of the moments that the images portray is heartbreaking. But all in all these are some of the most powerful images ever captured.
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII