Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Looking for a Flash Trigger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a Flash Trigger

Hi.

I have a Canon 600D and no external flash units. I'm doing research for my first flash unit purchase.

I'm now thinking of getting a Voeloon V760 as a viable alternative to the Canon 600 EX-RT.

Between this model and the YN 568 EX II, the external power option tipped the balance.

I don't want to use the camera as the trigger as I don't want the camera flash to come into the equation.

What I'd like to know is compatibility with other brand wireless triggers. It appears from their website that Voeloon don't make a wireless trigger. In another post, the question of compatibility with the V760 and the YN-622C was asked but no answer yet.

Does anyone have any experience with the combination of 600D / V760 / and camera mounted wireless trigger? What make / model did you use and how did it perform.

Cheers
    Shane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just purchase a pair of Pixel Opas. They are transceivers and work both ways. You can also connect to use as a remote trigger for the camera. There are heaps of medium prices brands around and mine are just one.
    Good luck with your decision ...john

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks John. The Opas' look good. I'll have a closer look at their specs.

I was able to contact the very helpful team ay Hypop who suggested / recommended Pixel King (due to the LCD dispaly) or the YN-622C trigger. I'll look at the Opas' but compared to the King, the 622C is winning at the moment.

Thanks for looking.
    Cheers
    Shane

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Shane,

I can recommend use of Yongnuo YN-622C wireless flash Trigger Transceiver I do use it on a Canon 60D and a yongnuo flash YN 568 EX II, both flash and trigger transceiver work flawlessly.

Ray

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Ray. Thanks for the info.

Cheers
    Shane