User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is This Just Me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This attitude is prevalent in society now I am a curtious driver and Photographer . my d600 has a built in light sabre if some one realy peees me of i use the on camera flash some times revenge is sweet it also helps being an ex rugby front rower as well
    Nikon D600 tamron 24-70 2.8 50 1.4 K5 Da70 Da 40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen this happen before with people who use dslrs during amateur shoot events.

Some people just don't care sadly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always attend these outside of peak times that means avoiding the weekends.
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'm more surprised by the number of people who spot that I'm wielding a camera and stop to wait for me to finish.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How ROOD! (And how rued by you! - Alas!)

Rick's suggestion made me LARF.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they get in front of you, get close up behind them so they can feel your breath on their necks.
    Then, as they start to walk away, put your leg out and trip them over.....................

Another system is to not shower for a week or so before the shoot.
    No-one will get close to you then!
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are generally just rude now days.. I'm starting to sound like a cranky old man and I've barely hit 40..

But the more time I spend driving to work, or walking through the city, or going to "events" the more people I see that act like they are thinking "stuff you, I'm the most important thing on this planet, rules and etiquette don't apply to me"

Makes me pine for the country towns.... if only I could move my job to the bush somewhere... sigh..
    Hi I'm Mark - See me on Flikr or Google+
    Feel free to make comments or give me advice.. also to add me to your social network
    Using Canon 650D and Lenses: Canon EF 85mm 1.8, EF 50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS and EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Or the ones who just pull on front of you and then do 10kph under the speed limit, until they get to an overtaking lane and then find another gear to exceed the speed limit by 10kph so you can't overtake. The first Holden that comes with a 50 calibre machine gun will be my next car.
    Yep! This is another bugbear of mine!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktaduck View Post
    People are generally just rude now days.. I'm starting to sound like a cranky old man and I've barely hit 40..

But the more time I spend driving to work, or walking through the city, or going to "events" the more people I see that act like they are thinking "stuff you, I'm the most important thing on this planet, rules and etiquette don't apply to me"

Makes me pine for the country towns.... if only I could move my job to the bush somewhere... sigh..
    That's the trubble: How do you know what they're thinking? Ah, is that it? Whether they think it or not, you think they are.

You're not a cranky old man, but a much younger one. Change what you can.

Does anybody go around saying, "Oh, this is my fault/opinion only/perception/etc?"

Communication Breakdown (Roy Orbison) may have got it right, if only romantically applied.

As for country towns, what, why, where, when?

Generalisations!!! But you're not the only one.

Am.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First you don't see her .. now you do!

D300_DSH_2869.JPGD300_DSH_2870.JPGD300_DSH_2871.JPG

FWIW: no one was interested in taking his photo for at least a min or so ... so the fact that I lifted my D300 up to get the shots(the singer was quite good too ) brought out the plebs.

Barely a second separates the three images 50.91 - 51.19 was the timings, so about 0.3 sec or so, and yet she moved so quickly to block my view.

I know .. I just know, had I not raised the camera to fire off some images, she'd still be sitting in the seat she came from.

The question I ask myself ... Do people do this out of spite .. competition???? What!

Or are they really just completely oblivious to the world around them .. never taking a moment to just observe their surroundings before doing something.

My natural instinct is to believe that people are just generally oblivious to what's happening around them .. the only explanation as to how some dimwits can get themselves into the ridiculous accidents I've seen over the years.

Of course she ended up more to the right, but I gave up after the third frame thinking that if she wants him so bad, she can have 'im!

I caught up with the fellow later on the other side of the road.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffsta View Post
    What made it worse was the two stupid woman were part of the federal member's travelling group.....
    A colleague of mine was photographing a function for local government a few months back, and passed around consent to be photographed forms to everyone as they could potentially appear in a publication. Most people were cool with it, except one stupid woman who very loudly declared that she forbid him to take a photograph of her. What's worse, she positioned herself right in front of the podium as various guest speakers... well, spoke, making it almost impossible to get any decent shots of the proceedings.

It was towards the end of the function that my colleague subsequently learned that she was one of the event organisers!

- - - Updated - - -

I've done a decent amount of travelling over the last few years, and whilst most people are generally polite and considerate, I've had a handful of selfish, rude pigs.

The one incident that sticks out in my mind was in Europe, and we were at the top of one of the church towers patiently waiting our turn to pose in front of the view. Well, our turn came and as my wife positioned herself to be photographed by me, this woman of origins unknown simply barged into frame and decided to take in the view, completely blocking it from our perspective. "Excuse me!" my wife exclaimed loudly, only to be met with an arrogant and indignant stare before she turned back to admire her view. Repeated attempts to attract her attention were ignored, until she finally tired of the view and trotted (as do pigs) off, not so much as glancing in our direction. Sometimes I think the safety fence is there to stop people booting arrogant tourists off, because I would surely have been tempted without the fence - I was fuming!

I think it's safe to say that any tog worthy of mention would show the same consideration to others as they would expect themselves. Hell even a tog as ordinary as myself shows consideration! And I also make sure to thank those that have done the same to me. Half the time it results in offers to take our photo together - and I haven't lost a camera yet (tip: only accept offers from those with similar cameras, or are too old to run!). A few times I've even taken photos of others with my camera and emailed the results, as they've either had inadequate equipment or none at all!

And Lance, I'm with you too! I'd like to think of myself as an extraordinarily considerate driver, though of course I have had the odd lapse where something else catches my attention at the red lights... Thankfully my Aurion is more than a match for a lot of buffoons that accelerate in the overtaking lanes.
    --
    Nikon D90
    Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
    RRS BH-55 Ballhead & B2 AS II Clamp
    (no legs yet)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bulk of you guys would absolutely hate shooting in China then...

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rackham View Post

define .... "shooting" ....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    define .... "shooting" ....

Cameras You know?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rackham View Post
    "Queue" is not a concept understood by the Chinese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    "Queue" is not a concept understood by the Chinese.
    It is, it is just a different understanding to here and if you lived there you would understand why.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about in the middle (earth) east? Have you heard of Queue Wait?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezapl View Post
    Not too sure if this is the right place to post this, so someone correct me if I'm have this in the wrong location.

This is just me having a rant to get it off my chest and also wondering if it's happened to anyone else. I was in Canberra on the weekend at the Floriade. I was just about to take a photo, meaning camera was to my eye and I was in the process of focussing, when someone stepped in front of me, completely blocking my field of view, to take their own photo. I lowered my camera and said a rather polite "Excuse me", only to have the person look back over their shoulder at me and then turned back to take their photo. I thought their behaviour was quite rude.

Personally, if I see someone about to take a photo, I make a point of stopping and waiting for them to take the photo or I walk around behind them. I would never think to walk or stand in front of them. I think it's downright rude to do so. What does everyone else think?
    Most normal, civilised, polite, considerate people would do as you would - unfortunately the world has it fair number of abnormal, uncivilised, impolite, inconsiderate people you unfortunately encountered one of them. I understand the frustration, I had a Japanese man jump up in front of my telephoto lens on numerous occasions at MotoGP round to take pictures on his iPhone .... grrrr - I tried being polite then I tried being extremely rude, must have been a language barrier thing as neither worked and my lens was too expensive to bury into the back of his head accidently .... but the thought definitely crossed my mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12