Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the move....

Hi all

Well, I thought I would give you all an update on what is happening in my life. As some of you are aware, I separated from my husband about 6 months ago. I moved to Goolwa with my children and have been on a journey, of sorts, trying to work out what is best for all of us.

Ive had more heartache this year than I ever wish to have in my life. It has been hard, esp the last few months. We have decided that we are going to give this marriage another go BUT since he can't move to where I am because of the lack of work here and I will not move back to the house we have been in for the last 10 years (isolation, lots of travel, old) we decided to move to Adelaide at the end of the year! We are renovating the house and getting it ready for the Spring market. Yes, I have to move back to help renovate etc but it is a 'means to an end', and I know I will be out of there soon.

I am so excited for our future. I can finally study, he will be so close to work (most of his work is in Adelaide), and we will have more time for us as a family because we are not mowing and maintaining over 7 acres (14 in total but 1/2 is just paddock we don't do anything with).

Sooo, over the next 3 or so months I am hoping to still get out and have my breathing space and take photos but it certainly won't be as frequent as the last 5 months!

Heres to the last part of 2013....a tough and challenging year but one that has had a lot of growth and will end with a new beginning.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Going Cold Blooded
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad things are starting to take a positive turn for you Monika! Remember to pop in on us from time to time. I hope it all goes well for you!

Last edited by outstar79; 05-10-2013 at 8:17pm.
    Canon 7D Mark II

Adam Brice

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Reconstructing a family and renovating a house at the same time. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monny View Post
    Sooo, over the next 3 or so months I am hoping to still get out and have my breathing space and take photos but it certainly won't be as frequent as the last 5 months!
    Just need to take photos of different things.
    Take a bunch of before photos. Then take after photos (and things in between). They will give you both something to look back on. The renovations you were proud of, the ones you could have done better and capture some fun and frustration on the way.

Hoping your angst and effort will be rewarded. All the best.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All the very best with life, family and property, now and into the future Monika.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Adam, Mark and Rick. 2013 has certainly been an interesting year but there is so many positives for the future...I'm quite excited!!
    Just need to get this reno and sale of the house over and done with, then we can concentrate on the important things like our marriage and the family!!

Who let the rabble in?
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the best of luck to you, Monika. I really hope all turns out well for you and your family!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's wonderful news Monika isolation is not the best and not everyone is suited to country living.
    And with more opportunities in the big city it should works out for you all, best of luck on this Journey.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020