User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Welcome : Infocus Australasia : to the Ausphotography site advertisers

8 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome : Infocus Australasia : to the Ausphotography site advertisers

I would like to welcome Infocus Australasia digital magazine to the Ausphotography site advertisers

Infocus Australasia is the ultimate in photography magazine experiences. Infocus will cater to the photography and cinema enthusiast across the board, serving to the reader world class tutorials, step-by-step instruction on taking better photographs and all the latest in equipment reviews. We also go behind the scene with some of the world’s leading professional photographers. We show you what they use, when they use it and how they use it. From the beginner right through to the professional, Infocus is everything any photographer would want in a magazine, and best of all it’s FREE! Subscribe now for your monthly issue to be sent directly to your iPad.

If anyone has any questions about that Infocus is and offers. AP member Wretched should be able to assist you.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

My Photography

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser Wretched's Avatar
    6 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Rick! Hopefully there are a few of you out there with iPads.

A little background on InFocus:
    InFocus Australasia is published monthly by Custom Made Media in Sydney. CMMA also publish a range of other print and digital magazines including a Nikon-specific magazine, Australian Home Technology (which is also free for the iPad), Inked, Charter and several more. So, InFocus is not a fly-by-night operation by any means and we plan to be around for a long time. As time goes on, you will also see some growth in the magazine, with additional sections added.

A little about me, for anyone remotely interested (and I don't assume you are!): I've been working in the magazine business for the last decade full time and a few extra years prior in a part-time freelance situation. My background has been performance motoring based, working as editor of magazines like Street Commodores, Xtreme Holdens, Aussie Brutes and the like, while contributing to a couple dozen more. However, I started in music journalism, writing for a local Newcastle street press in the 1990s called concretepress and creating my own 'zine called 27twelve. It was during my decade in the motoring field that I really got stuck into photography and that's how I got to this point, taking on the role as editor of InFocus earlier this year.

We're now up to issue 6 and working on issue 8 at the time of writing.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I hope you take the time to at least check out InFocus and I hope you love it! If you have any queries about the magazine, complaints, suggestions etc, I'm always only a PM away. Cheers.