Most of my weekend photo jaunts involve gardens in and around the Penrith, Parramatta, Windsor & Blue Mountains areas, but I find myself often returning to the same old locations. I'd love to try some new places, but I can't seem to think of anywhere to go. I'm hoping people here might be able to suggest some locations for flora and fauna photos in those locations and surrounding areas.
My currently most visited locations include:
* Weir Reserve (small but nice garden, flowers)
* Woodriffe Gardens (small garden, limited things to do with it)
* UWS Werrington North (birds in the lake on northern side, kangaroos at late afternoon/sunset/dusk)
* Parramatta Park (birds, mostly ducks for the gf, the garden near parra CBD isn't very good)
* Wisteria Gardens (flowers and gardens)
* Nurragingy Reserve (flowers, gardens & birds, mostly ducks for the gf)
* McQuade Park (flowers near memorial park NE corner, birds occasionally in lake SE corner)
* Mt Tomah Botanical Gardens (Looking forward to going here this spring - last year went too cold one day too hot the next, skipped spring weather entirely so I didn't go).
* Leura (flowers again, The Everglades, CherryDell North, Waldorf Gardens having their $20 for all combined open day on the 5th & 6th October 2013, can't wait).
So as you can see it's mostly flowers and ducks. I'm hoping to spread out to more varieties of birds & wildlife, especially now I have a 50-500 lens but I just don't know where to go. I'd also like some new gardens for a bit more variety too.