User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Bird rescue 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bird rescue 2

I dont know what it is, as soon as there are any birds in trouble it is me that gets roped in.
    This Rainbow Lorikeet was on the road in an area where there were cats, and lots of Magpies,it can not fly so brought it home and gave it a bath in the hand bowl so had to take a few picks.

Jack.
    Pentax K5iis, k7 plus lenses from 18mm-600mm.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good on you Jack.
    I wonder why it can't fly?
    I came across one that couldn't fly and took it to a vet that diagnosed a broken spine. Not good. Based on the wings, that's not this birds problem.)
    I'm fairly convinced that with time and patience these birds can accept us humans as friends (become tame). I'm sure you would like to get it back to the wild world out there , but if it doesn't start flying, find someone that has patience and the bird will learn to calm down!
    For a smile check this out ...... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...f-tissues-gone
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good news on this front it is very young and has no tail feathers formed properly,it would not eat from a dish but would from my finger and then a spoon,we had some liquid food left over from another Rainbow lorikeet we nursed back to health it stayed around after releasing it for about 2 weeks until I went away working and never returned, that one was an adult bird.
    This one is very young and probably fell from the nest too early so it might become humanized,which I don`t want, we have 5 cages of different parrots as it is.

Jack.