User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  33

Thread: Congratulations Longshots (William)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congratulations Longshots (William)

Congratulations to William (Longshots) ; http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...4694-Longshots

Who was last night announced as the Australian Commercial Photographer of the Year! Well deserved recognition for all your hard work as a professional photographer over the years, you photowatchdog role and your AIPP involvement as well.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats William. Everyone on here (in fact every photographer) should be grateful for the work you do with photowatchdog.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations William, well deserved.
    Shelley
    (constructive criticism welcome)

www.shelleypearsonphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic result, loved the image set. Congratulations
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats William, well deserved
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's Wonderful.. Well Done and Congratulations on Your Win

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In my early days here I learned so much from William's contributions.
    From my limited knowledge, any success that comes your way is well deserved.
    Thank you and congratulations.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!!! Yes, William has been a big help many times.....well deserved with the award.
    Monika
    Equipment: Canon 60D, Nikon FE, Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens, Fancier FT-662A tripod, 18-55mm kit lens, 55-250mm kit lens, 30mm 1.4 Sigma lens, LR4, PS Elements
    Check out my Flickr photos ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/missmonny/
    ... and then you can like me on www.facebook.com/PhotoByMB or see my shop on http://www.redbubble.com/people/msmonny

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congratulations William!! and thank you for all you do for us with photo watchdog! an award well deserved!
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for the support.

WOW - Yes, I was very happy to announce that on 16th September, at the AIPP's 50th Birthday celebrations, I was awarded the "2013 Canon AIPP Australian Professional Commercial Photographer of the Year".

I was judged by those I admire and respect, and my competition included friends and many of those I have admired and respected for decades. It's a rare event for me to be speechless, so my acceptance speech in all honesty, sucked. I have received so many messages of congratulations and good will, that I've been blown away by that support.

For me this was especially important, as the images submitted are my day to day images that I regularly shoot and deliver to clients. And more importantly are of buildings, which in all honesty lack the excitement of a stunning building in a foreign location. They're all warehouses, and all are in Brisbane.

Earlier this year I also was awarded the 2013 AIPP Queensland Commercial Photographer of the Year.

A massive thank you to Suze, my partner for her massive support, belief and faith in me; my friends and colleagues, the people I know and are yet to know in the industry. Good friends like Andrew Campbell, who was one of those who offered my good advice 21 years ago, when I arrived in Brisbane from the UK. And of course to my "family" in the AIPP, some who saw at first hand, my jaw hitting the table, and my tears on Monday night. Also to those who make these events work, the massive numbers of dedicated volunteers, the AIPP board (board's past and present).

I was particularly surprised by the reaction to these images as they are reasonably close to what was captured in camera, and while I'm in general, extremely pedantic, and checking and correcting every detail, they are essentially the product that I captured in camera and what was delivered to my commissioning client. This is what I do all of the time. Thanks again for the support
    William

www.longshots.com.au

I am the PhotoWatchDog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicely done.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats William, well done. I'm also a fan of 'PhotoWatchdog' and 'A Fair go for Photographers' - you work really hard for your industry, cheers Deb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. William. I always thought you were just the watchdog. This is AWESOME.
    Cartel Imagery
    Flickr

Nikon D7000
    Sony a65
    Canon 5D MKII