Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offered first photographic job

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick update on the job... long hours and busy and the days are going to get longer. From next week 10hr days Mon-Thur with 12hrs on Fridays and 8hrs Saturday, 5.5 on Sundays. Then 2 weeks after that it is 12.5hrs / day Mon - Fri with the same weekend hours until Xmas.

So if you are thinking of taking up photography as a profession, try something like this and you will soon realise that there is a difference in photography for work v's hobby. That being said, I am really enjoying the work and have picked up a lot of good information from both the company I'm working for and the tog's I am supervising.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to read that you like the job and everything is going well for you..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the job is done and dusted for the year. All I can say is that it is like most work based on customer service, management, supervision, etc. but with photography involved. Long hours, customer complaints, "photographers" who needed to be told almost every day how to compose a photo properly and what settings to use

Summary - if you are looking for experience in photography, go for it. More experienced users I think you may not get the satisfaction you may require. Would I do it again? At this stage no. With the long hours and working every weekend your social life ceases to exist at a time of year when everyone is having their Xmas parties.

Now for my next job... I've started my own photography business (more to come on that)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Warren!
    Canon 6D, Canon 450D
    Canon 24-105 f4, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 18-55mm(kit lens) and 55-250 mm(kit lens)
    Speedlight 430EX II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12